You all can Quit Dreaming of a White Christmas Now

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
:)A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ACROSS ALL OF NORTHWEST WISCONSIN UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY.
VERY HEAVY SNOW WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY WINDS GUSTING TO 40 MPH
TODAY AND TONIGHT. NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN HEAVY FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WILL RESULT IN VISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN 30 FEET . MANY ROADS MAY BECOME BLOCKED BY HUGE SNOW DRIFTS. SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE 12 TO 24 INCHES BY MONDAY MORNING. :)

The girls were up early and enjoying it....
Snow plow finally showed up at 930 am.....which means there is now a 4-5 foot snowbank at the end of my driveway!

Attachments

• Snow 530 am.JPG
    Snow 530 am.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 630 am 1.JPG
    630 am 1.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 358
  • MARIAH WADING THROUGH SNOW.JPG
    MARIAH WADING THROUGH SNOW.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 4 FT DEEP ON SIDEWALK.JPG
    4 FT DEEP ON SIDEWALK.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 291

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUUURRRR, looks rough.
We only got a few 'sleet pellets' out of the system.

Stay warm, Fossis................

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Beautiful pictures Gypsy, you and the girls stay warm.. ;)

Lonnie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i guess those pictures all depend on your perception of snow! the girls sure do look happy. me on the other hand, i can live without it! i hope you have all of the supplies you need for a few days. stay warm.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well Dang Blast It!!!.........Will ya'll stop hogging all that snow  >:(

That's it...I'm moving to Wisconsin! (just during the Christmas holidays though!!)  :D

We got rain today.... :'(...rather ... it's raining today. Oh well....no White Christmas for us this year...last one we had was Christmas Day 1999...it was our First Christmas in our new house. It snowed just the morning part of the day, by noon, it had stopped....got enough covering that the boys enjoyed it!! (SO DID I!)............(BTW...our local weather man said IT WAS NOT going to snow and if it did...he would kiss a pig....it was so funny seeing him being broadcasted kissing a pig!!!!)

Maybe, just maybe...we can get a good Bay Effect Snow this year like we did in Jan 2001/2002???...we got 6"...that was totally AWESOME!!!!!

Enjoy the snow, I see your youngin's are!!! Wish we could join them!  :-\

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gypsy Elf :D

Is it not strange when to think that I am sitting behind my computer with my shirt off, and a fan blowing behind me ;D The temperature is around 27'c
I must admit, I prefer the sun more than the snow...... Bbbbbbrrrrrr :(

Have a happy Christmas, and all the best for the new year.

God bless
Peter

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
41 degrees with high wind warnings here in central Ohio today and snow flurries for MON.& TUES.
I use to like snow when i was that young,but now i just cant get into the snow...
You and the girls take and have a great holiday...

wisconsinACE

Sep 16, 2007
Trego Wi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Gypsy Elf said:
:)A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ACROSS ALL OF NORTHWEST WISCONSIN UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY.
VERY HEAVY SNOW WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY WINDS GUSTING TO 40 MPH
TODAY AND TONIGHT. NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN HEAVY FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WILL RESULT IN VISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN 30 FEET . MANY ROADS MAY BECOME BLOCKED BY HUGE SNOW DRIFTS. SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE 12 TO 24 INCHES BY MONDAY MORNING. :)

The girls were up early and enjoying it....
Snow plow finally showed up at 930 am.....which means there is now a 4-5 foot snowbank at the end of my driveway!
We are gettin nailed here to I love it!;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going any where for Christmas BE SAFE out there. My kind of weather to sit in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate and book.

MERRY CHRISTMAS GYPSY :) :) :) ;)

Burdie

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its still coming down .....I need to leave for my moms in the morning and she says they are getting it worse....so guess I will be four wheeling over the river and thru the woods ...to grandmothers house we go......Hahahah.....everyone have a safe and beautiful Christmas :-*

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Snow, in my opinion, is great on Christmas day when you are inside looking out. Other than that, it can stay up north with the Canadians.

Be careful tomorrow Gypsy. You and and the girls have a safe and happy time with Grandma.

[glow=red,2,300]MERRY CHRISTMAS

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still dreaming of a white Christmas....it was in the 70's here in Eastern NC today and I was detecting and sweating! Bryan

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Elf said:
Its still coming down .....I need to leave for my moms in the morning and she says they are getting it worse....so guess I will be four wheeling over the river and thru the woods ...to grandmothers house we go......Hahahah.....everyone have a safe and beautiful Christmas :-*

See, Ya shoulda had that 1 horse open sligh up and running ! ;D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Bah Humbug! >:( You have snow and I don't.

You and the girls be very, very safe tomorrow on your way to your Mom's. :-*

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're there and I'm here. You can come here, but I'm not going there. ;D ;D You can have that cold & snow. Brrrr! Be careful driving.

;) RR

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
We haven't had a white Christmas since 1982! And I remember once when I was about 8 or 9 we had enough to build an igloo. Doesn't snow much down here on the valley floor. :'(

Enjoy it for a bit, remember a lot of us can't!

I think I'm gonna take Randy on a surprise skiing trip soon!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Alright, Gypsy, now is the time to get out that big sled you toted 150 miles! Wow....now that would be a blast! Pull it behind your pickup. Cool!

Ron & Ann....ok, I'll let you all get stuck in the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel during a big snowstorm....Not me!....LOL I hate going through that tunnel even during a rainstorm, much less a snowstorm. :D :D :D :D :D

---Mel

borninok

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
borninok said:
Alright, Gypsy, now is the time to get out that big sled you toted 150 miles! Wow....now that would be a blast! Pull it behind your pickup. Cool!

Ron & Ann....ok, I'll let you all get stuck in the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel during a big snowstorm....Not me!....LOL I hate going through that tunnel even during a rainstorm, much less a snowstorm. :D :D :D :D :D

---Mel

borninok

LOL Mel...going through the HRBT anytime during the day or night can be a nightmare!!!!! :o

And if it's snowing...I'll be home enjoying it :);)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread