Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shot....too bad the season had ended, but then again, the big bucks didn;t get to be that size by being stupid... ::)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice picture. He was probably bed down not far from your house, sneaking around using his nose, feeding only at nite until the season was over. He may have even watched you in your stand. They are amazing animals.

OP
OP
poppa19

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
bigcypress elf said:
Nice picture. He was probably bed down not far from your house, sneaking around using his nose, feeding only at nite until the season was over. He may have even watched you in your stand. They are amazing animals.
funny part is i rarely hunt in my stand i drive 90 miles to our hunting camp lol, it not as fun hunting alone so we all (13) of us go to the hunting camp, thats the best part a bunch of friends enjoying the great outdoors. I am definitly going to look for his sheds i think i know where he is bedding. I also saw him last night at about 2 in the morning,feeding at the end of my yard where the cut corn starts.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is magnificent...They are already dropping their racks here in Missouri...Thanks for the pic....Steve

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poppa19 said:
funny part is i rarely hunt in my stand i drive 90 miles to our hunting camp lol, it not as fun hunting alone so we all (13) of us go to the hunting camp, thats the best part a bunch of friends enjoying the great outdoors.

Why is it that when I read that statement I immediately hear in my head, Da Yoopers singing "Second Week of Deer Camp" ?? ::)
Good luck on finding the sheds, looks like a nice rack and next year he'll be even bigger.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
poppa19 said:
bigcypress elf said:
funny part is i rarely hunt in my stand i drive 90 miles to our hunting camp lol, it not as fun hunting alone so we all (13) of us go to the hunting camp, thats the best part a bunch of friends enjoying the great outdoors. I am definitly going to look for his sheds i think i know where he is bedding. I also saw him last night at about 2 in the morning,feeding at the end of my yard where the cut corn starts.
Maybe he spent the whole hunting season around your house because he knew it was a safe area.
I know what you mean about being with friends. We used to hunt here in the Glades in a large group and I really enjoyed the camaraderie. Now I hunt and camp alone in the swamp because everyone else that I know have either quit hunting or hunt leases. Making a kill is not the most important reason to go hunting.... not for me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nice buck indeed -- need to hunt close to home a bit next year at the beginning and end of season ;)

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Now is the time to start feeding him. My in-laws put corn ears out on posts with nails in them to hold the ears, deer come and eat them right up (everyday)!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poppa19 said:
bigcypress elf said:

I've seen feeders built that are designed to "knock" a bucks antlers off when he goes to feed.Throw one in the back yard and ya might not have to look to far !

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a beauty! Thanks for sharing him with us!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread