Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! Stay warm!

;) RR

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Right ON! ..... well you achieved the shot (as far as I'm concerned) ..... whats the elevation there? We got a good dusting last night .... plowed the driveway at 2 a.m. ..... and took the sled (snowmachine) out for a 'burn' .... Oh and what a beautiful cabin .... very nice log work.

Peace
hip ~

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics.you would have never done that with a digital camera.its going to be a sad day when they finally quit making film.half my freezer is full of film i have been hoarding.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
hipmount said:
Right ON! ..... well you achieved the shot (as far as I'm concerned) ..... whats the elevation there? We got a good dusting last night .... plowed the driveway at 2 a.m. ..... and took the sled (snowmachine) out for a 'burn' .... Oh and what a beautiful cabin .... very nice log work.

Peace
hip ~

Hi hip,

I think I could have cut down on noise if I had used bulb mode, but still need to practice with it. These were under exposed even with 30 second shutter speed. I think when I brightened them in my editor it may have caused the noise.

I live at about 5,000 feet in the Oregon Cascades.

I built the little combination pump house/storage building out of some wind fall trees about 6 years ago.

Thanks for your comments,

Ron

PS I lived at a place called Sutton, AK about a hunnert years ago. Went to high scool at Palmer, have always wanted to go back.....maybe someday.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
FISHEYE said:
Nice pics.you would have never done that with a digital camera.its going to be a sad day when they finally quit making film.half my freezer is full of film i have been hoarding.

Hi FISHEYE,

These were taken with my Canon 300 Digital Rebel in manual mode.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
justgeese said:
Super shots Ron..I only wish I could get those results :'( Glad to see global warming hasn't gotten you LOL
Don

Thanks Don, I would love to have some of that global warming right now. :-\

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Ron & April ~
Afternoon to you both. Wow ..... 5,000 feet? I once lived at 3,000 .... and we mountain folk (at the time) had a saying ..... as well as bumper stickers ........ "Trust nobody under 3,000 feet". ;)

Canon Rebel? I shoot the same. A lady-friend of mine turned me on to hers ... then went to BEST BUY and bought one. Now after scoring a new telescope (Celestron NexStar 5 SE) I hope to do some astrophotography. So after reading your exposure settings I knew you were in the 'ballpark". I'll be posting more pictures ..... once I get the FILE size 'thing' down.

Used to live here?
I hope to be here for the 'long-haul' .....
As one "sourdough" said ..... "You can leave Alaska, but Alaska will never leave you". If you come back up (summertime) .... give me a shout! ...... we'll go 'spank' some salmon.

Peace be with you ~
Rick

Attachments

• Nina PT.jpg
    Nina PT.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 240

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great pictures.
I'm glad you posted them so I don't have to be in the snow to enjoy it!

Well, next, stop down more and increase your shutter time...

What was that old group???? f64 ?

Maybe steiglitz or adams???

can't recall

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread