All Treasure Hunting

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
siz3petite said:
"I wish you a thousand fire ant bites all over your body. To the moron who stole my beautiful planter from the front of my house. The reason it was at the edge of my driveway was because it was LOADED with fire ants. I was trying to release the nasty critters before re-potting it. However, you foolishly swiped it. HA HA! The joke is on you because I have no doubt that YOUR car, house and body was undoubtedly infested with thousands of ill-natured fire ants. Poetic justice, you stinking thief." Yeah, I really did post this message and I feel much better now that I vented.

That's too funny, you go gurl.

Molly.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to pour gasline on the mound, light it and take a shovel and scoop and drop the dirt and ant over the mound watching the flame get higher.

As CptBill said,

I used to use ant poisons, etc and they quit working after a while and finally got tired of spending money so I went the inexpensive way!

I take 2 gallons of water and bring it to a good hot rolling boil, then I go out and poke a hole in the mound with a stick and pull it out before they can climb on the stick, then I give them a good bath down the hole, on and around the mound with some good hot boiling water to clean them dirty little buggers! I can say that I have NO ant mounds in my yard.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
I used to pour gasline on the mound, light it and take a shovel and scoop and drop the dirt and ant over the mound watching the flame get higher.

As CptBill said,

I used to use ant poisons, etc and they quit working after a while and finally got tired of spending money so I went the inexpensive way!

I take 2 gallons of water and bring it to a good hot rolling boil, then I go out and poke a hole in the mound with a stick and pull it out before they can climb on the stick, then I give them a good bath down the hole, on and around the mound with some good hot boiling water to clean them dirt little buggers! I can say that I have NO ant mounds in my yard.

Probably the 'least expensive' treatment going. :thumbsup:

Fossis..............

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
WOWSER! Question.........will them thar wild piggies eat them thar far breathin' aunts? antz..NGE

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions