i saved 2 buddies from never being able to explore again ;)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
these are my favorite cartoon guys. my childhood heros, i have every comic they came out with including the complete hardbound set, and the last newspaper clipping, i smile when i see these scenes, modified a little bit of course. they are not done, there is still some adding to them and there will be color throughout. should be done within 2 weeks. i wanted to wait till they got finished to post, but am too excited. i feel a saddness knowing that they will not exploring anymore in the papers , but i think i have rescued them, and they will go exploring with me. calvin and hobbs.

Attachments

• zch.jpg
    zch.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 346
  • zhc.jpg
    zhc.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 342

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KirkPA said:
Now that is dedication! :D

BDD...Kirk

You are dedicated, Chong. :o :o

I told my daughter that I was going to get a White's tattoo.......She just rolled her eyes. :D :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah theres treasure every where !!

I once owned (and wore) a pith helmet ( it was old WW2 surplus issue --sold at the PX there)-- I bought it years ago on a lil known island (military base) called DIEGO GARCIA , B.I.O.T. ( it got lost in the shuffle when I divorced my first wife, dang it ) --- I've been a explorer of sorts all my life -- for 27 years 1980 to 2007 - I was one of the few american merchant seaman left -- theres not that american merchant mariners left these days, we are a dying breed -- I traveled the world been to far off lands, seen and did fun and unusual things -- sadly I'm retired now due to ill health but still plugging along metal detecting and doing research to fill my time --- I always got a kick out of ole calvin and hobbes --- Ivan

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Us Mariners aren't all gone. :)

I usually end up working in the bering sea nowadays though. They seem to always need a good welder such as myself in the fishing industry.

I got this tattoo a few years ago in Singapore.

Attachments

• DSCF0003 Resize.jpg
    DSCF0003 Resize.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 234

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well theres still a few USMM left but we're getting very scarce these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread