fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this to show some 'Historical places' in my area, I try to show intresting, informative, areas in my area of the country, that many people do not know of.

I have stayed out of the Religion, politics, & rants.
I didn't have the time to post the 'entire History' of the Indians after contact with the 'white man'. ( this is supposed to be 50 words or less).
Let's face facts, the 'balance of power', that existed for years between the Indians, was changed as soon as one tribe had access to 'Firearms', then they went & decimated the ones that had 'bullied them', & siding with one army against the other.
The 'white man' started the tradition of 'scalping', by paying a premium for each one brought in.
The 'Apaches' own people scouted for the U.S. Army, against their own, helping to bring their people into reservations.
Many tribes had a 'deep hatred' for other's, so they readily agreed to help the Army track, & kill them, (Crow scouts at Little Big Horn), one such incident.
If the Indian nations had banded together against the 'White man', it would have been 'many years more', before they were subdued, instead , with all the in-fighting, & old grudges against each other, it ended much sooner.
But when the Five civilized tribes, (notice civilized), were removed, most had became 'tillers of the land', the Cherokee's even had their own language, & newspaper.
I think I know as much as anyone on this forum about 'American History', & I certainly hope I am not banished to the (Bad Treasure Hunter) section because of this post, I'll be much 'more vigilant' from now on , so as not to 'ruffle feathers'.

Fossis...............

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
My apologies, my friend Fossis, and everyone, I meant no offense and will gladly delete my posts if anything I have said is offensive. Your pictures are very beautiful Fossis and the sentiments equally so.

So much of our history is full of conflicts between the Amerindians and 'whites' and so many of the conflicts arose from ignorance and misunderstandings, when few recognized how strong we would be if we had simply quit fighting each other and became one people. In many important ways, the Amerindians actually won the so-called "Indian Wars". These wars were in most cases, a war with both sides being armed and equipped by the same government! So in many ways really they were CIVIL wars, not wars between two different nations and even president Grant recognized this. We have a form of national government modeled NOT after any of the European forms, but after that of the Iroquois; how many of our words in our language are of Amerindian origins, NOT Europeans, how many of our people can claim to have Amerindian ancestors? Even the basic foods we eat include more American examples than European. America in the bloody process of growing, became something quite different from all of the European nations and far superior, by assimilating the native people and native culture into the new nation. This is why we can look at Geronimo and Crazy Horse and see American culture heros every bit as much as Thomas Jefferson or George Patton.

Good luck and good hunting mi amigos, I hope you all find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
im in bartow county ga.the dude who loaded the indians on the trains.the chimney to his house is still standing.if u want u can come md it with me when it warms up.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Oro, What do you mean offensive? You're making friends. Your opinions, my opinions and opinions of all our friends is what we are all about, we are Americans.
By the way my Ancestor, Tishamingo settled in the Choctaw Nation and died at 106 and was laid to rest near Eagle Town in East Oklahoma. He was a district chief of the Chickasaw, he was a mediator. He left South Central OK. because it got too dangerous there. Many renegades were raiding Texas and Oklahoma.
Oro, I lived in the area of Horseshoe Bend, just west and still own the land near Goldville, west side of Hog Mtn. Hillabee Creek.
If I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me, I promise not to be mad and bad mouth each other. That goes for every one on the net. Now if someone gets to making those sarcastic remarks about You or I or any of our friends then we'll join forces. That's the American way. GNEWT

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Fossis, East Oklahoma People, that last message was for you too, I forgot your name. That is what old does for you. HH Gnewt

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasureace12 said:
im in bartow county ga.the dude who loaded the indians on the trains.the chimney to his house is still standing.if u want u can come md it with me when it warms up.

Thanks for the 'invite', but it's a little far for me. :-[

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orablanco, no need to apoligize, I am just having a bad week, like gnewt says, we can 'disagree' & not bad mouth each other.
(I may have stretched it a little about knowing as much as anyone, but I invented the Internet, not Al Gore). :P

HH, Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gnewt said:
Fossis, East Oklahoma People, that last message was for you too, I forgot your name. That is what old does for you. HH Gnewt

I'll bet I'me older than you Gnewt, I'me sure you're aware they named a town after your ancestor.
I also lived much as you did growing up, but I think it made us 'stronger people'.
Also, thank you for your 'service to our country'.

HH, Fossis.............

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thank you for the kind words, I get carried away so easily anymore that I find that I have posted before I even re-read what I wrote. Not a good habit to get into. Our history is far more complex and interesting than what we are taught in our schools and as they say, fact is very often stranger than fiction! I sure don't wish to be irritating my friends, so I will try to keep in mind what the thread is about in future before 'spouting off' on a tangent.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Mister Fossis, I was born in 27 and probably a lot younger than you because I quit having birthdays at 42. I found that you keep having those birthdays you start loosing teeth, hearing, hair, memory and I forgot what else.

I know about that town and the man on the Oklahoma Flag with his whip. Lived in that area for a year and Between Choctaw and Harrah for a year. Two of my children were born Okies. I guess that's why we get along so good.

Those pictures you took were great, I got to start taking some pictures too, just got lazy and didn't want to drag that 1/2 pound camera around. Gnewt.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gnewt said:
Mister Fossis, I was born in 27 and probably a lot younger than you because I quit having birthdays at 42. I found that you keep having those birthdays you start loosing teeth, hearing, hair, memory and I forgot what else.

I know about that town and the man on the Oklahoma Flag with his whip. Lived in that area for a year and Between Choctaw and Harrah for a year. Two of my children were born Okies. I guess that's why we get along so good.

Those pictures you took were great, I got to start taking some pictures too, just got lazy and didn't want to drag that 1/2 pound camera around. Gnewt.

Well gnewt, I am wrong about being older, LOL, I was going on that I am 'usually' older than most Vietnam vets', but not in your case, I was born in 43.
I think 'my forgetter' is the best thing I have.
HH, Fossis............

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Thanks fossil I enjoyed reading this thread, many thing happen in the USA that were not right but it hasn't changed much since then to me. Greed, money, power, still control politics and they control our american way.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:
Thanks fossil I enjoyed reading this thread, many thing happen in the USA that were not right but it hasn't changed much since then to me. Greed, money, power, still control politics and they control our american way.

You're welcome, & you're right about nothing has changed.

Fossis................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread