OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I wish, no, this is one that I worked in.
My house is a work in progress, so far, new siding, windows, doors, roof, including sheeting, relocated basement steps, relocated heating system, basement bathroom, basement bedroom, and office.
next is the kitchen. I still have to build the walkin pantry and 2 base cabinets and then I'll gut the kitchen.
like I said, a work in progress. LOL

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work, working with wood is rewarding, as a 'house painter', I sometimes finish cabinets, it's great to see the colors of the wood come through.

Fossis................

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great work. Your going to need to put off your house though. I need you to do my bathroom. Tired of using the tree out back. ;D
Burdie

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Gorgeous work! I love woodworking...I took wood shop in school grades 8 - 12 and then when I got out of the Navy (1986) I worked in a cabinet shop building, and installing cabinets. I also worked in an architectural woodworking shop for awhile. I want to get back into it as a hobby...just gotta set up a small shop and get a few more tools...

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
That looks like knotty alder or cherry. Since I'm a painter, I like a good cabinet builder so my work looks good. Now, do they have to match the finish on the existing lower unit? Sometimes that's the hard part.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
thanks for all the kind words, I think this is the first job I've ever had that I still enjoy getting up every morning and going to work.

big fish 31, it is knotty alder and yes they have to match the existing cabinets. The last time we did a house like this the painter didn't bother doing a test piece first. By the time he realized the color was too red, his crew had stained everything in the house. I spent 3 weeks after that removing all the trim and reinstalling all new, per homeowner complaint. DOH!!!!! I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for the redo.

Sniffer

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is awesome sniffer! I totally understand why your house is a work in progress. My husband's a mechanic and my rotors needed turned for 4 months before he just did them. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread