found this morning

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
I found this staring at me this morning.
Mvc-449e.jpg
I better dig out my long pants.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks 'cool', but pity the folks up in - 40 degree country.

Fossis..............

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Hey Prong i feel your pain brother. we are currently sittin at -19 with wind chill -50. hard to believe i was out hunting last Sunday.

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro
Thats sad I spent most of my life in Michigan then moved to Florida for 6 years, now I live in Georgia, did I mention Im moving back to Florida because its too cold here! I am offically a sissy. Mike

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Blue Norther here, wind is blowing and I don't know if I can stand it. I checked the temp. its down to 60, I'm glad the Sun came out......I am West of Ft Worth about 80 miles. We never know what the weather will be in two hours, don't LOL

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute dog is it yours? If so keep him warm, I feel so sorry for you guys, up there where it is really cold, here this am it was 51 at 7:30, wind came in, 30-50 mph last I heard and less than 2 hrs later still blowing only in gusts not steady like earlier its 23 and snowing.

But I Feel So Warm Compared To What You Got! ;D

Evy

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
We don't even have thermometers that resemble that, here in CA.

Coldest I've ever seen was 7* for 3 days running.

That would be T-shirt WX for you!

Wow!

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so after seeing that sorry I couldn't resist. Took this a few minutes ago....

Attachments

• IMG_0001a.JPG
    IMG_0001a.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 718

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! That was just plain mean :D, they say we may have winter tomorrow ::) right--not , well you never know! They say 5in. and a white out! I still like this better than what you all have. Try to stay warm!

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
pronghorn said:
Thanks to all you folks for the warm wished but don't worry, you get used to
the cold, right jonnyreb ;) ;) 30 degrees and calm today, never put a coat
on, feels like spring. yup fossis, not complainin here, some have it worse.

Hey jonny, you happen to know of a guy nicknamed Parf from your town?
He has be in my town for quite a few years now, used to work with him.
When you say you were out hunting last Sunday do you mean detecting or
huntin critters? Got any advice, recommendations for a newbe to detecting
lookin for his first detector?

No sir, cant say i have ever heard of him. I am not from here originally though, so that might be a good reason.
As for the weather you are pretty much right on about gettin used to it. As long as there is no wind im good to go.
When i was talkin about huntin, i was talking about being out metal detecting the other day, and you know as well as i do that its pretty odd to be able to do this time of year.
What kind of hunting are you lookin to get into? Depending on what you want to do may dictate on the machine you want to go after.
I dont really want to tell you and specific one because ultimately you will be the one using it and it is all your personal preference. What price range are you looking to get into?
Let me know and ill try and answer any questions you have the best i can. If i cant i know some one will be able to.
If you arent looking to get too expensive then an Ace 250 would be a decent, cost effective place to start.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
lol, well, i when i was out diggin the other day i had a cold chisel and hammer. once i got through the first few inches it was smooth sailing. on ebay you can pick up a 250 for under $225. and like i said in the previous post that's about the best for the money in my opinion. you said you were interested in prospecting too and i don't know how the 250 would do with that. I'm sure that there has to be a machine that is a happy medium between a good silver finder and a gold finder as well.
mostly i hunt for silver and relics. that's about it. not too much you can really look for up here, since like you said theres not a whole lot of history. but heck I'm just as happy with late 18s-early 19s silver and copper. where bout are ya in NoDak??

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Well this morning I got up put on my " T " shirt and jeans and went to see a movie with my 05 mustang, and yes the top was down....Ya just gotta love California ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We have NOTHING called " wind chill factor ".... not like where I grew up in Ohio.
Sorry fella's I DON'T miss the weather back home....

PLL

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Hate to break it to ya there Mr. Pegleg, but Ohio weather and NoDak weather arent even in the same catagory. It is waaaaaay colder here.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Id have to say that just about any machine would be able to find decent size nuggets. I dont know about the dust, though. But for sure nuggets in a pouch, if not too deep could be found. I have tons of places i am ready to hit up come spring. i cant wait!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont mean to tease but it was a pleasant low humidity 75 today here. Lots of sunshine and I cant wait till tommorow morning.........sat..........up early and dirt hunting!!!! yayyyyyyyy! ;)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what I love to hear, NO I really love to hear someone say the day they have off and it will be nice weather! Thats great have a great one and find lots of stuff ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's currently 33 degrees and I'm going to go hang some siding on a house, but it's supposed to hit 56

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread