A deserved reward, and what a machine it is!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
My husband has been taking care of the snowmobile trails in our town (and some of the surrounding towns) for well over ten years now. He gets reimbursed by the local and state association for fuel and one drive belt a year, the rest of the wear and tear has been our responsibility. He trims, grooms, repairs bridges, puts in culverts if the water gets in the way. He put 10,000 miles on one Bear Cat and has almost 4,000 on his current Bear Cat. The club bought a sled for grooming the trails, and Gerry gets it! He worked many hours to earn this beauty, CONGRATULATIONS Gerry!

It is a brand new 2007 Artic Cat, Bear Cat, 4 stroke turbo, wide track. Man that is going to be one dragging machine!

Attachments

• club sled 006.jpg
    club sled 006.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 499
  • club sled 008.jpg
    club sled 008.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 497
  • club sled 018.jpg
    club sled 018.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 494
  • club sled 013.jpg
    club sled 013.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 489
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks folks! Yup he is like a little kid, he woke up in the middle of the night and said he was gonna go sleep in the garage :D. We have been joking around "Nope haven't seen Gerry for 3 days, he's gotta run out of food and water soon."

That second seat is really comphy! Funny you can actually buy the optional seat, move the back one to the way back and turn it into a 3 seater. I would be on it if I didn't have to work for a living. Dang construction guys get laid off for the winter :-\.

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Nice sled ...... congrats.

hip ~

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no coffee pot ?

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Now we need more snow ( I can't believe I just said that :-X) right now it is sleeting and freezing rain. Just an icey mess! I'd rather it snow than this ice, makes for a nasty ride home.

No coffee maker with the good robot, but he does have a hot dog cooker he puts under the hood. No laser beams either but those headlights sure are bright.

The speedo goes up to 160 mph, so I'm guessing it goes pretty quick once that turbo kicks in! The sled weighs 707 lbs, has a 20" track, and double carbides on the skis, so it's pretty stable.

Thanks folks!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
now that's what I call a sweet ride. I moved to so. kansas 15 years ago, sold my sled, don't have much use for it here.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a beuaty and I am sure Gerry will get many many hours of enjoyment this winter out of his new toy. I have never been on one and would love to try it some day. For some reason snowmobiles just are not too big of a thing in our immediate area, more like Waverunners for here. :)

Don

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wow...that looks like it's ready to "spring like a cat". And the club made sure there was a second seat so you'd be sure to go along with him.

Uh...where's the cab with the AM/FM/XM radio, windshield wipes, and heater? :-\

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Come to find out you have to put 200 miles on it, variable speeds ::), to break her in. I hate to say it but we could use some more snow? :-\

You have to come north and go for a ride. you'd have a BALL!

Funny...He's working on the stereo thing :D . ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions