1800S PICNIC AREA REMIX

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
1800'S PICNIC AREA REMIX

I finally got back down there, and it was a total bust. I searched for about 5 hours and all I found was 7 aluminum beer cans and a chunk of steel cable.
I did however find a base for a hand water pump still attached to a piece of pipe.
on the other hand, about a half mile to the east I found the remains of 3 houses along the river, so I'll move over there next.

As far as the dogs, I found tracks, at first I thought they were cougar but it turns out they were dog but he prints are huge

Attachments

• TNET photos 075.jpg
    TNET photos 075.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 288
  • TNET photos 076.jpg
    TNET photos 076.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 283
  • TNET photos 077.jpg
    TNET photos 077.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 287
  • TNET photos 078.jpg
    TNET photos 078.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 286
  • TNET photos 057.jpg
    TNET photos 057.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 293
  • TNET photos 055.jpg
    TNET photos 055.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 297

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: 1800'S PICNIC AREA REMIX

cats have retractable claws which do not print and in the first picture to the right of the print looks like a coon track

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I kind of thought that too, but , If it is a coon, by the spread in tracks, it would have to weigh about 100 lbs. and be about 4 ft long

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like it would be a good area for MDing--and you got skunked? How is that creek for catfishing?

Stryker

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You dropped your key, sniffy. ::) ::)

That's too bad about not finding anything....sometimes it's a bust, though. But at least you found some other options in the three houses. That's where I'd be for the next month! :)

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

Stryker, that " creek " is actually the Ninnescah river and right now it's running shallow in the spring it's about 16 ft deep
and running to fast for cats, but by midsummer it slows down, I know some guys that go noodling farther up river where the shallows are around 2 ft

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

Mona, I thought I'd find something interesting, I also found some old barb wire from about 1920 or so.
I found an empty bottle of perfume called "lucky you", about 4ft from that was wrapper that used to have a protection device inside,hint, hint. I left that for somebody else. The farmer that owns the property said he has problems with kids throwing parties down there. He also told me if I see anybody that looks like they don't belong there, to run'em off
LOL

I can't wait to get over there to the old houses, the farmer said they were only there for about 20 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread