Strange Footprint

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
This past Thursday there was a 1/2-inch snowfall in Springfield, TN. I stepped ou on the back deck and saw this "strange" footprint!

Strange footprints.JPG

Bigfoot? I think not.

It's obviously a bir'd footprints and also looks like one was trying to make a "snow angel"

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, not a 'Bigfoot track', but what? HHHHmmmm.

Fossis...............

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 472
OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
After spending numerous hours on the web and in the local library and also conferring with the "Research Diva" aka Gypsyheart, I have made an extremely knowledgeable and scientifically-based decision. This is obviously an offspring of the last remaining survivor of a species long thought to be extinct.

I have determined it is of the species "oleocyopsis featherextenderopolis"! This is more commonly known as the "Big-Butted Bumasaur" .They existed gazillions of years ago and it appears the species has at least two remaining survivors. They are believed to have stood at least 6 feet high with small feathered forearms, large stocky hind legs with tiny clawed feet and a 4 foot wide derriere that doesn't develop until the creature obtains the age of 30-40 years. That would explain the lack of a large "bum print" in the photo. They are believed to feed on large quantities of walnuts, peanuts, fermented fruits and would spend the majority of their lives sitting in thick underbrush watching out for everpresent dangers. It is believed they are nocturnal and after the age of 2 months are unable to fly. This indicates the track left in the photo is an extremely young Bumasaur.

I have concluded that the adult must have mated with a "Troglodytes aedon", or a "House Wren".

Obvoiusly the Wren is a male and is watching over his offspring, which would explain the small tracks at the top of the picture. Once the juvenile ceases to fly, the male wren will abandon his duties and the juvenile Bumasaur will find thick underbrush to seek shelter.

Granny, I hope this satisfies your curiosity!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the kind of theroy! ;D that I was really hoping for from you-------THANK-YOU! very much!

Evy

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Great story Wes! I'm going to go see if I can track one around here :D.

I didn't believe the first post anyway, I have never in my life heard of a bir'd. Wait maybe they ride the Vus? ;D

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Great story Wes! I'm going to go see if I can track one around here :D.

I didn't believe the first post anyway, I have never in my life heard of a bir'd. Wait maybe they ride the Vus? ;D

I think you've been looking at the moon too much! ::)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bird squatted then as it flew away the the tips of its wings brushed the snow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread