fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure-Net Mamabear, good pic, that one should be restorable.

Fossis................

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Cool find Mamabear, that's a 30's vintage Ford isn't it? 33-34? Should be a great hunting site. Welcome aboard we look forward to more of your finds!

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Looks like a 29-30 LaSalle or GM product, thats a guess, I'm with Fossis, that thing could be restored and be worth about two Caddies.. Thanks for the picture, I love them old cars. Gnewt

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Treasurenet mamabear....trust me ...its never to big to drag home.....if you want some help just holler because I am the Rust hauling expert....LOL

Attachments

• rusting in peace.jpg
    rusting in peace.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 657
  • rusting in peace.jpg
    rusting in peace.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 659
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
thanx CG I'm hopin it is a good site. this property is pleasing to the eye if nothin else

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
oops more responses than I thought. it'l take a bit for me to catch on here. I don't know what it is. & yes it should be restored! but the owner of the property is adamant about me only takin pix I hate the thought of this beauty rusting away. if anyone wants to take the owners on, I'll provide all the info. I would be happy to see it lovingly restored!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
mamabear said:
found this in the woods after following old fence line. the grave yard on this property has a couple civil war soldiers graves. & earlier. fantastic homestead, fallen in.

I love to have that car do the owners wish to part with it? are you in the southeast

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
send me an email thru this forum & I will give you the particulars. I live in SE Missouri

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! I didn't even think of that! I feel so silly! soon as the ice melts, I'm there!

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy, love the truck! I had a "51 chevy that was my love. I called it the incredible hulk.
here is a pic of the floorboards I will be scouring over as soon as I can get back to it.

Attachments

• old car2.JPG
    old car2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 552

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
packerbacker said:
check the floorboards for coins!
I was going to say check the seat's but there are none :( Thank's for the pic!

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
no seats inside, they have been pulled out. the springs are all right there. there is still wood on the doors, the door latches everything!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
It is wonderful when people post pics of old stuff, and there is a possibility to recover it, and restore.

As I've said elsewhere, one of my X's worked on a County payroll advising property owners how to get cash for old cars on their property, and have them hauled off, for scrap.

A LOT of old iron was crunched, in that 'beautify our town' campaign.

What a shame!
rmptr

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gnewt said:
Looks like a 29-30 LaSalle or GM product, thats a guess, I'm with Fossis, that thing could be restored and be worth about two Caddies.. Thanks for the picture, I love them old cars. Gnewt

You're right gnewt, it IS a GM product!
It's a 1931 Chevrolet AE Independence Standard-Model Sedan. I thought it looked like a Chevy radiator shell so I did some surfing and found some pics. Most of the pics of old Chevies had a stone guard hiding a lot of the radiator shell detail, but I managed to find a '31 Sport Coupe without a stone guard covering up the radiator.

Here's the Pic, If you compare the radiator shell with mambear's pic you'll see they're the same (except for mambear's car is missing the bottom part of the shell with the cover for the crank socket):

1931_Chevrolet_Sports_Coupe_aaca_03.jpg

Sorry to say though, this ol' girl is too far gone to be restored, unless you are prepared to spend FAR more than a restored '31 Chevy goes for on the market.

It's cool finding stuff like this when you're out poking around. I'm the same way, I think all of us who swing a coil are.

HH,
SgtSki

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
thanx for the info everyone. how sad it's too far gone. but should I take any of the chrome that's left on her?

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mamabear said:
thanx for the info everyone. how sad it's too far gone. but should I take any of the chrome that's left on her?

well, the radiator shell may be of interest to someone who does restorations. And the chrome around the cowling. Is the engine and transmission still there? They may be salvageable along with the driveshaft and rear axle. It's hard telling from the pic though but there could be lots of parts that could be useful to a restorer. I could write a whole long post about why this car is past restoring. I'd just let her rust in peace and be part of the scenery.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's neat...there's one in the woods next to us, the car is not that old, I'm thinking the early-mid 50's. There's another old delivery type in our woods, out near the highway, I believe it was a old Hudson...I found a radio frame that had Hudson on it. Still neat...regardless.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread