Someone got fooled!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I've been watching as my daffodils/buttercups have sprouted and started to bloom. I guess someone should have whispered to them that Old Man Winter isn't done yet!

Early Spring.JPG

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Plants have feelings, they can hear too. Looks like they're dumb, they bit on the global warming gossip. They think its warm.
You got some good pictures, next year the flowers will be afraid to come out.
Gnewt

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice daffys.

Don't worry about them, they know what they are doing!!! :D

The worst thing that can happen is, you get a prolonged cold and they re-bloom when it starts warming up again. ;)

That's how nurseries make daffys, hyacinths, crocus and iris (and the rest of that flower family) all bloom at the same time for the stores.

You can do it yourself - when they are all done for the early spring, bring them in and put them in the cold for six weeks - dark and cold- then re-plant them - they will re-bloom. (of course, you will have to feed them heavy after the second bloom so they don't get pooped out).

The willow trees always know when the new spring season is close - then will start budding about 5 or 6 weeks before early spring, and about the same time as daffys.

Almost all the willows around here are in full, yellow bud. (I can't wait for warmer weather).

;D ;D ;D ;D

B

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
we've got some wild flowers around here from the previous owner, it seems like every time it gets above 50 degrees they'll pop out and pretty soon you see purple flowers everywhere

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I guess I must be lazy or something I spray my yard once a month with Tri-Mec. it kills almost any kind of weed you can think of. it will even take care of clover. dandelions are dead in about 24 hours, just be careful around daffodils LOL

Sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if you have Tractor Supply (TSC) they have it or whatever local farm store

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I believe the label says to mix 1 oz. to a gallon of water. I use 1 1/2 oz. that way I can cover more ground, quicker.
I just know there's treasure waiting for little ol me so I'm not going to waste any time. LOL

Sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
opinions and advice are free, if you want me to dig that'll cost ya LOL

Sniffer

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, the flowers look a little limp! Maybe they are just old. ;D Seriously, it could be worst, you could have snow on Pear blossoms like I did one year and in 2002 it snowed on my son's Wedding Day in mid April.

Don

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don...by recalling that time in history I'm afraid you have opened the Genie Flower and we will be plagued by bad weather until May! Shame on you! ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread