fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now their talking 'The Big Chill' coming back .

Fossis..............

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Why can they just understand that the Earth is doing what it has done for many, many years...it changes, it grows, it breaks up, it does alot of things we may never understand...our BIG BLUE PLANET is one BIG MYSTERY that we may never fully understand..

I don't believe in this GLOBAL WARMING/ GLOBAL FREEZING....whatever they wish to call it...it's all bunk!!!

That's just my opinion....

By the way...nice snow and pretty pic!!! ;)
Annmarie

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Cyndi,

I am usually not cold and haven't worn a coat in years, at best a baseball type jacket.
But this has been a cold one,
it started early and is overdue to end.
Our mountains that were in a drought situation for the last couple years are sitting with 160 percent of average snow pack.
We will have flooding.

Thom

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure don't see much coverage from the scientists that say this is a cycle! One guy was saying that the earth went through a warming period like this millions ago. Haven't heard anything from him or the others since.

I might sound cold & heartless, but do we really care what the earth is like a couple of hundred years from now?!?! None of us are gonna be here! How's about doing something that will affect us and our kids now like pick up the tons of trash spread all over the desert, develop systems to clean up the water, etc.

And as an afterthought, If it stayed around 70 degrees year round we'd be able to prospect and relic / coin hunt year round! This would erradicate the much feared disease "Cabin Fever"!

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I usually don't get cabin fever,
I do the Spanish trails year round here.
Ours is a true desert, and will shock the tourist if he actually see's it.
We only get an average of 11 inches of precip per year. (including snow)
There isn't that much trash out there either.
This is some hard country and folks just don't take to it too much.
It is hard to access and harder to navigate and survive in.

Boogyman,
You are welcome to give me a shout when ever you come through,
I'll show you where God comes for his quiet time.

Thom

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is March 2--just a few more weeks and we are going to be springing--wah--whoo!!

Stryker

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
This will probably win me the Weird Award....but, I personally believe that mankind has learn to tamper with the weather.
It's God vs's man. I think the weather was better when God didn't have assistance. A year or two ago....Russia was going to have some type parade or something to that effect....Russian President Purtin (sp) was ask what would happen if it rain...he said...... He could stop the rain. (not a direct quote) but words of that nature. (no pun intended).

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I believe in the cycle theory and I think we are working on an 18 year cycle right now.
If so winter won't be finished with us here till May,
I have seen snow on the ground here in June.

Pepper,
Your theory of weather tampering has been around for a few years.
The hurricane machine is only one of many.
I know for a fact that some areas where the drought has been really bad they have seeded the clouds all winter. I saw that on the news a couple days ago.
so you are right , they have been tampering with the weather in many places.

Thom

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Old Dog....my sis lives in Parker...many years before in Denver (Aurora area)....I have pics she has sent me from the SNOW she's received....at EASTER and I believe I remember she said it snowed once later than that (I'll have to go and look at the pics and see the dates.)

She tells me also, this is the coldest winter she's been through and with the most snow. She's been in GOD'S Country since 1982?....anyways...I would LOVE to move there, but my body can't deal with the altitude! Haven't been there since 2002....:(....I might take a gander and venture out there soon (drive out there, I don't like flying...if God wanted me to fly, he would have given me wings and I am NOT ready for my wings just yet ;) .. I'm an EARTH ANGEL without WINGS....).....

Pepper / Old Dog: I remember watching some special (may have been on the Weather Channel)...about them 'seeding' the clouds!!! And also of them trying to 'calm' the hurricane! We mess with Mother Nature like that too much....we may wind up really doing something harmful!

Stryker One: WHOO HOO>>>>>>>>(preparing for the upcoming SPRING DANCE ;)).......

Heck...granted ... Va Beach rarely sees snow and when they do...they shut down the city (mind you, that is with a light snow covering on the GRASS with some blades of grass still seen!)....I really thought we would have a good snowfall this year, based on the amount of FLURRIES we had this year...but NO...everyone else got it but US!! >:( (Oh, well, there is always next year)...

But I don't consider the weather wierd here....one day we are in the 50's...next day in the 30's, then again in the 70's....but that has been going on for some time over the years! I just want a good CHILL so the 'Skeeters' will die out!!!! So, this Spring...I'll be wearing ALOT of 'Skeeter' stuff!!!

Ya'll have a beautiful day filled with warmth and sunshine....:)
Annmarie

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Old Dog.....floods do not sound like any fun either. :( We live in the high desert...very lil precipitation and very distinct seasons....in some ways it is nice but when it gets cold I tend to turn into a wimp! lol

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Cyndi,

I know what you mean by distinct seasons,
The Sonoran type desert starts on the west side of the Rockies,
and gets worse as you go West.
You have seen pictures of the Desert around Arches and Canyonlands I'm sure.
That country starts here. I am about 100 miles from Arches.

I don't re comend this part of the country to anyone who is faint of heart.
This takes every bit as much preparation as the AZ desert and is just as harsh.

I will start a new thread with photos of the sights here .
It is a very special place with it's "don't miss" features,
many of which can be seen a short distance from a vehicle.
I recommend that method for the tourist or the inexperienced as it is SO easy to get turned around out here.
If a hike is what someone wants there are marked trails that are easily followed and if they are not deviated from they are quite enjoyable.

and I'm here to show you around if you decide to come out.
Just let me know ahead of time and I will take the time off.

Thom

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am definitely looking forward to the pictures! :D Perhaps I will start some daily snapshots photos of this area for you to look at as well. :D Probably not this morning though....gotsta get ready for work dagnabbit! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread