The place Cyn calls home

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics Cyn!!! My wife's from Salem and I had the opportunity to see quite a bit of Oregon in the spring of 2001 when we drove out there from Michigan (sadly for her grandpa's funeral). I got to see a lot of the coastal area and also more of the state when we took her grandpa out to Baker to be buried.

I haven't bought a Tillamook Beef Stick in Michigan ever since. I got to have fresh ones at the Tillamook store at the dairy!

-SgtSki

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Tri$h said:
Georgous pics Cyn? Where did you say you lived?

I live in the high desert of Central Oregon. We are just a few minutes North of Bend. A lot of these pictures were taken in Jefferson County which is just north of us. You could drive around and take pictures all day in this area....lots of pretty places and also the Cascade Mountains in the view. My avatar is a painting my grandmother did of Mt Jefferson. :D :D

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
SgtSki in MI said:
Nice pics Cyn!!! My wife's from Salem and I had the opportunity to see quite a bit of Oregon in the spring of 2001 when we drove out there from Michigan (sadly for her grandpa's funeral). I got to see a lot of the coastal area and also more of the state when we took her grandpa out to Baker to be buried.

I haven't bought a Tillamook Beef Stick in Michigan ever since. I got to have fresh ones at the Tillamook store at the dairy!

-SgtSki

We went to Salem quite a lot before David's mom died in November and still will go over occasionally....definitely a big change in landscape from one side of the mountains to another huh!

As far as the beef sticks...the Tillamook Beef Sticks are pretty good but David is the only distributor in the area for Taylor Sausage and their products and their beef sticks put Tillamook's to shame! lol And they make the best jerky too! :D We will have to put some of our prospector care packages on here for folks to try out. ;) If you get back out to this area when you are back let us know...would be awesome to meet ya!

TreasureTales said:
Gosh, you shouldn't be posting pix of your area because now everybody will want to move there. Pretty soon you'll have all those awful Californians moving up their with their high prices and liberal ideas. hehhehe

OK, now to be serious (yeah, like I wasn't above). That is spectacular country and it's exactly why I'd like to see some of it again this June. I like the Sprague River area. Those rolling juniper-covered hills and that small, meandering river make my heart sing. Oh wait, that's not my heart that's singing - nevermind. ;D

rofl too late...already full of Californians! ;) Of course the one we WANT up here isn't coming to visit til what June?? :P Looking forward to meeting ya!! :D :D

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
TreasureTales said:
Cynangyl said:
Tri$h said:
Georgous pics Cyn? Where did you say you lived?

I live in the high desert of Central Oregon. We are just a few minutes North of Bend. A lot of these pictures were taken in Jefferson County which is just north of us. You could drive around and take pictures all day in this area....lots of pretty places and also the Cascade Mountains in the view. My avatar is a painting my grandmother did of Mt Jefferson. :D :D

That's a painting? OMG, I thought it was a photo. It's such a lovely scene. WOW, your grandmother had great talent.

Actually she still has great talent TT....that is one of the most recent paintings she has done. The last she did was my ocean scene just before Christmas and she is always working on another. She is 83 now and I do believe she might be painting gorgeous paintings long after I am gone! lol I posted a bunch of her paintings in the Daily Snapshot area awhile back! :D

Gypsyheart said:
What beautiful pictures Cyn....You have a real talent !

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them. Hopefully you will come out this way and see it all for yourself some day! Am I going to have to put on a huge hunt just to get folks to come visit?? lol

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyndi, you live in a beautiful area too. I love the mountains...it's just so awesome to see scenery like yours. Thanks for sharing a pic of your backyard to us. ;D

;) RR

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thanks for taking us on a trip to your neck of the woods. Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing your world.

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
River Rat said:
Cyndi, you live in a beautiful area too. I love the mountains...it's just so awesome to see scenery like yours. Thanks for sharing a pic of your backyard to us. ;D

;) RR

Glad you enjoyed it pretty lady! Come on over anytime!

Pepper2004 said:
Thanks for taking us on a trip to your neck of the woods. Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing your world.

HH,
Pepper

Your turn now! :D :D Or at least when you have time! Hope you are doing well! ~hugs~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread