eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. Extreme Home Makeover. How did you get so close? Looks like Ty is walking into the new house.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, let us hear your story!

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Those of you that guessed ABC's show Extreme Makeover Home Edition, you are correct. Also, that is Ty in front of the bus. Extreme Makeover just did a house for a needy family in Rhode Island. I had the extreme pleasure of being part of it. I took time out of work and volunteered for 5 days (about 60 hours) at the site. I was in the arts tent making special theme related furniture. I got to work with most of the designers doing projects for them. They were all really nice and very down to earth. It was an unbelievable experience being part of something like this. The picture above was while we were waiting for the family to arrive. I was standing with the rest of the volunteers on the property line of the new house. Luckily, we had a nice sunny day when they came home. The temp. was in the 20's & 30's for the 5 days and it snowed one day. So the landscaping is not picture perfect either. While that picture above is nothing special to a lot of people, I saw many things that I'll never forget. The amount of effort, work, donations and coordination involved by countless people was unbelievable. To see a new and larger house built and totally finished where their old house stood in 5 days was amazing. However, the best thing was seeing the reaction of the family when they first saw the new house.

Glenn

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Dave, it was a great feeling to help this family out. It's something I'll always remember. When the family saw the brand new house for the first time, it was priceless.

Glenn

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Thanks. As of right now, the episode is scheduled to air on May 4th. It's the Silva family episode.

Glenn

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
CanUDigIt said:
Cool story Glenn! Must have been rewarding to be a part of it!

Yes CanUDigIt, it was very rewarding and a great experience. The family was very deserving which made it very special to all of us. It was a great time and I also met a lot of nice people.

Glenn

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My hat is off for you! it's great to see that there still is humanity out there. :)

Best Regards,
Eu

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn,

I watch that program all the time, along with the rest of the shows on HGTV. I just marked my calendar so I will get to see you!! :D Thanks for helping too.

;) RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never miss that show I wonder if we will get to see you in the back ground somewhere, I would love to be involved in something like that! Good Job!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great, Glenn...Thanks for sharing. Coincidentally Extreme Makeover is on the tv right now.

That must have been exciting for you. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions