Deer me!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
We had a tree fall across the snowmobile trail this week. The poor deer have had a rough winter and were feasting off the buds on the tips of the branches. Track everywhere. Well the Hubby had to cut the tree up, he felt guilty for taking there food away so went and bought some grain for them. Boy are they happy!

Attachments

• deer backyard 001.jpg
    deer backyard 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 298
  • deer backyard 009.JPG
    deer backyard 009.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 305
  • deer backyard 014.JPG
    deer backyard 014.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 298

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute, unless they are in your veggie or flower garden ::)

Don

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Love them deer and quail too. I took a baby deer that ran up to me making a noise, He adopted me, I didn't want to touch it, they bond too quick and the mother will leave them, but it followed me around crying I guess, until I finally had to pick it up. Got some goat milk and a bottle and fed it. The next day I found the mother she was dead, must have had a heart problem. This little dude became one of the best pets I ever had. I never kept him fenced in, he had freedom, the second year he got him a couple of girl friends and he ventured over the place and finally he would stay about 25 ft from me and his mate stayed further. My other friends were quail, I fed them every day, they always had about twelve young ones in each covey. Thanks for the pictures, brings back some good memories. Gnewt

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Allot of areas are overpopulated with deer and they can become a nuisance. But not around here, you just don't get to see them every day. :)

Gnewt that is so sweet a story. I'm glad I could bring it back for you.

Take another look at that first picture, it's not double exposed, there are two deer there. ;) I thought it was a cool shot.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic's, & good work on hubby's part, the deer most places are guite plentiful.
In the Ozark's in the early days, settlers would see up to 200 in a herd, that's according to (The Turnbo Manuscripts), great reading.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Our deer popilation in Mass. about 85,000. In Northwestern Mass we have 10 per sq mile. Other states have up to 100 per sq mile. Nantucket Island has about 45 per sq mile.

Another example for you, in New Jersey they bagged 57,000 hunting in 1996 and 69,456 in the 2003-2004 season. That's most of our population.

So we consider it special to have them in our yards, even if a plant or two get munched on. :)

Thanks for looking!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots I wish I could just look outside and see deer, I live almost down town nothing wilder than a maybe once a year possum.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I thought you would be intrigued Dad! About 80' away, right on the wood line. I took them from inside the house. Gerr was "cranky" I had the window open at 30 degrees even though he was the one that woke me up "way" early to get the pictures! :D

Yesterday there were two today seven, you would think they would keep quiet about it? :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread