Idyllwild California

S

stefen

Taking Cristina to our cabin for a week to help her recover from 7 weeks of radiology treatments for breast cancer.

Plenty of books, warm fire at nights, home cooking and sitting on the deck getting the rays...can smell the coffee as we speak.

No TV...No computer...No telephone (switched off when needed)...

Attachments

• Idyllwild Skies.jpg
    Idyllwild Skies.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Mt. Taquitz.jpg
    Mt. Taquitz.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Lily Rock.jpg
    Lily Rock.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 349

1960texan

Dec 6, 2007
Texas
My prayers are with you and Cristina. It sounds like you have a wonderful time planned together.

1960Texan

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Our Prayers are with you Buddy,
Tell her to keep on fighting it and just concentrate on recovery.

You have our best wishes,
Thom and Kathy

OP
OP
S

stefen

Thanks for the kind thoughts, I'll be sure to let Cristina know...she will be pleased...

Only 2 sessions left, tomarrow and Friday morning...will be on the road by noon and on the hill in a couple hours.

Reminds me, I will need to call ahead and have a neighbor kick on the heater so it will be toasty...

The forecast is showing a 30% chance of rain this weekend which usually means a snow drop on the hill...hope its a warm rain storm though.

More than likely I will be out with the weed-eater hitting the deer grass...raking the pine needles and cedar trash, and feeding the jays and squirrels...

Might do some fly fishing at a local lake...hmmmmm

Hope all of you will be enjoying a great weekend as well...take care :thumbsup:

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
First, may god bless you Cristina and my prayers are with you. Second, that looks like therapy all on its' own, beautiful place to get much needed and deserved R & R. You two enjoy your time there.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Hey gang...many thanks for your thoughts.

The mountain respite as always was too short but enjoyable.

Last Sunday we had 10 to 12 inches of fresh snow and by the time we left Friday morning, it had all melted and was sunny and hot.

Cristina is healing well both physically and mentally.

Again, thanks to all.

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
hi stefen,

i live in dana point ca. i have hunted idyllwild more than 50 times before, with great success. i mainly hunted the nature center and idyllwild park. TONS of silver have come from both places. one day at idyllwild park i found a merc, a rosie, a war nickel, a washington quarter, a seated dime and a franklin half- all in one hunt! the grass is too high most of the time to really hunt it properly, and signals have thinned out, but you should try it sometime if you're ever in the area again.

i pray cristina is doing well.

regards,
Mike

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Thoughts and prayers sent from Mid-Michigan for a speedy recovery.
Enjoy your time together in that beautifull cabin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread