Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving plants outside can do the strangest things sometimes. My Christmas cactus has a flower + a few buds that will bloom later.

Christmas.jpg

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shush, dont tell your plant it isnt xmas.... go up to it..sing a few xmas songs and maybe it will give a few more flowers..lol...so pretty too by the way.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh jingle bells santa smells.....santas on his way.....jump in amy ole time...let it rip...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
gorgeous! I have some starts for Christmas cactus in water mom gave me a couple weeks ago and they are blooming too! :o Not near as pretty colored as yours though! Nick is right....that tree in the background....we need better pictures of that! Love the foliage around it!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yes! thanks so much! I love that plant! Gotta have one! :icon_sunny: I wonder how well they would grow around here....gonna have to find out. :D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Yeah they are a funny plant. If you put them in the dark for a few weeks (don't even have to water them much) then move them to the sun, they will blossom. Old Indian trick. :) Really neat to put it away in June pull it out in July, have family over in Aug. with a blooming Cristmas cactus for a centerpiece. :D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Pretty flower RR,
I like the Xmas cactus but never had one, so far...

Think I'll work on that.
rmptr

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III
Hey, RR, my wife has a huge Christmas cactus that blooms several times a year and it belonged to her Great-Great Grandmother, it is well over a hundred years old.

Frosty

Attachments

• 100_0927 (Small).jpg
    100_0927 (Small).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 153

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread