Hey Boys I have a little secret to share with you.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Hey Boy's I have a little secret to share with you.

Today I arrived home after running errands, grocery shopping, arms loaded, sitting on the table were roses. :thumbsup: See every now and then he just surprises me with a single red rose or a pink, white, and red rose. A friend stopped by, saw them and says "How sweet!" Then "I never get roses. :( " Well it got me to thinking..........Well why not? Why don't all guys do this? Well maybe, just maybe, you all don't realize just how special it makes us feel? So corny or not here goes.

After a long day at work, comming home to figure out what to cook you for supper, you open the refrigerator door and there is a rose or you have just gotten ready for bed after along day of chores and there is a rose on your pillow. We catch our breath, this warm feeling fills your heart, and a smile lights up our face. You actually thought a moment extra of us today, took that extra 3 minutes for us, wanted to make us smile. It's more than a silly flower, it's a thought, it's feelings, it's Love. You see it's more than a 5 minute feeling, every time you walk by the rose, you smile, and you think of the one who gave them to you, that warm feeling creeps back into your heart. Every now and then you stop and smell them again. As they buds burst open, as the smell gets stronger, so do our feelings for you. Then as they are to die off, we take the petals and put them in a dish on our vanity or bureau so we can smell them a while longer.

One little red rose, that's all it takes. :) Maybe in the next week or two you could by your Girl, or your Mom a smile. I know I really appreciate it. Thanks Honey!

Attachments

• roses 002.jpg
    roses 002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 610
  • roses 009.jpg
    roses 009.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 597
  • roses 007.jpg
    roses 007.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 596
  • roses 008.jpg
    roses 008.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 594

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Hey Boy's I have a little secret to share with you.

words to live by guys. the little things do add up. but girls it goes both ways.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

That is nice but I have to admit...my first thought was uh oh! what did he do?

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Yeah Mamma it goes both ways, but it's meatloaf that gives the guys that feeling! :D

See Savant they're not just for when you mess up anymore. :wink:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

that's right CG meatloaf. makes me laugh but it's true.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I know, I know. I should do it more often myself...my girlfriend got up and made breakfast this morning even after I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie with her last night. I guess that deserves a rose as much as anything. I'll get her one before I go see her tonight...thanks for the idea, she will love it. And as far as meatloaf goes, you hit the nail on the head there. Next time you go to the store though pick up some frozen bread dough, its really easy to proof and bake and the smell of baking bread is betten then Chanel #5 ;D

Charlie

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Great there's one rose! :thumbsup: Bring your camera we wanna see!

Yup meatloaf, fresh baked bread, breakfast, Uss girls know a way to a Man's heart. Now you know they way to ours. :D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

I know how to follow good advice.
rmptr

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

My wife and I have been married 52 years CG and Ive never given her many roses over the years.In my opinion I couldn't buy enough roses to make up for all the things she has done for me and our three kids.It is real easy for men to take women for granted that's for sure and I probably take her for granted.I could never be the person she is no matter how hard I tried. I can actually say she would put her life on the line for me or any of our kids,and she wouldn't blink doing it. She knows at all times my feelings for her because I take the time to tell her!
Van

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Kim,
For as long as I have known my wife.. a couple times a month I get a couple dozen for her.
One time there was a new little girl working in the flower shopwho didn't know me.
She asked me what I had done to get someone two dozen roses mad at me.
The other lady looked over at the comment and said "That's just Thom, he is in here all the time."

I had to explain that this wasn't any kind of emergency, it is maintenance.

Thom

Country Girls Dad

Aug 26, 2007
Meriden, Ct / Shaftsbury, Vt USA
Detector(s) used
MXT

Hey Country Girl I have a little secret to share with you.......Dads get roses too !

These were waiting for me with a real nice card from my wife Thursday morning......must be doin' somethin' right.......huh ?

Attachments

• Dads Roses.JPG
    Dads Roses.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 454
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Dad, Those are sweet! Just don't let her find the new detector? :D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Trish dear you can vent to me anytime. :) Yeah it IS the little things in life that mean so much. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread