labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Liars TAble at your Favorite Restaurant

Does anyone have a Restaurant where they live that has a special table that all of the locals sit at for coffee and breakfast It is where all of the Fishing Hunting Treasure Hunting stories are told plus the local gossip some true storys some streched out a little a fun place to go to start your day :coffee2: :icon_sunny: :) :sunny: :happy3: :3some: :coffee: thats why they call it the liars table

Attachments

• 23B8C368-E89E-73AE-DCD8665A04EDB43B.jpg
    23B8C368-E89E-73AE-DCD8665A04EDB43B.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 322

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: The Liers TAble at your Favorite Restaurant

lol the town I came from had the "big table" at the local truck stop....big long center table where all the old timer farmers sat and visited every morning. I was invited to sit with them a couple of times and enjoyed hearing all of the stories. I did notice they did not take kindly to folks just inviting themselves to the group when I was working there. :o Kind of an exclusive club this big table. lol Thanks for the post, brought back some great memories! Oh the stories! ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I think every town has one...when I am on the road....I always look for mom and pop restaurants and the aLiars table....this is the table I approach asking for directions or old stories....its usually the best place to ask for leads.....

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

hmmm guess when I go over to take mom her tables tomorrow I will stop by and visit the big table before I go metal detecting! ;D

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

Had one, and I named it the gossip table. One morning some new people came in
looking over the tables and I invited them to come over and join us at the gossip table, had to drag another table over so we would have room. So they were back every morning, and we became good friends and believed every thing we heard, we kept joining tables and it was known as the gossip table from that morning. It still
is I guess. One woman was from New Orleans(Katrina) and wanted to go back home but after a month there, at our table she said, I ain't never going back, I love it here.
I wish I had picture of our crowd, we had 7 women and three men so I wouldn't
dare call it liars table. They thought gossip was ok, I think. Gnewt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread