Trail cam at the bird feeder.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
WOW! Don't do this unless you have tons of time on your hands. :D Seriously, I have spent hours downloading, going through pictures, adjusting the size to post. So out of about 1500 pictures here a just a few cool pictures. I'll post a few tonight and add some for a couple days. Beware it's still there and has a fresh card.

One of my favorites first.

Is this a new Mrs. Cardinal (first one still is camera shy :wink: ) or is it a first year Mr. Cardinal? The color is too bright? Hmm? (the cardinal is from my camera, having hardware isues)

Attachments

• squirrel fat.JPG
    squirrel fat.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 597
  • squirrlle cute.JPG
    squirrlle cute.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 535
  • mrs cardinal 010.jpg
    mrs cardinal 010.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 520
  • mrs cardinal 009.jpg
    mrs cardinal 009.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 526

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
those cameras are neat, had a friend once thought coons were getting into his deer feeder since corn was being tossed every where. He mounted a camera on it and gotthe greatest shot of a black bear shaking the dickings out of the can. lol

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol I bet that shocked him! Great pics sis! Can't wait to see who else you caught there!!

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Great pics, I think the Cardinal is a male. Females are usually real bright red all over while the males are lighter in color. At least from the pics, it looks like a male.

I have a few cardinals and a couple Blue Jay's around my house. The one female Cardinal wasn't the brightest crayon in the box tho. She would hang out in the tree outside my daughter's bedroom and fly into the glass window. After 3 or 4 times of hitting the window, my daughter called me to her room to tell me to watch the stupid bird. She did it again several times before giving up. I think she had a bad headache when she was done LoL This went on for like 2 or 3 days. We thought about leaving the window opened for her to come in since she was so determined but decided that wouldn't be a good idea :D
I'm thinking maybe she was seeing her reflection and was attracted to the reflection not knowing it was herself LoL

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Teddy, The male birds are always the brighter birds. That way when a predetor comes by the nest, pappa attracts their attention, while mamma blends into the nest, pappa flys away his bright colors catching the attention of the predetor and the nest is safe. :)

Here are a couple more I was trying for last night.

Attachments

• flying squirrell.JPG
    flying squirrell.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 493
  • mrs3.JPG
    mrs3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 491
  • mrs.JPG
    mrs.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 481
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Bridge, I'd love to catch a bear, well not at the bird feeders, back to the woods with it this weekend. Maybe by that scary old feather? :D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Alright a couple more. I love the one of the dove coming in for a landing. What was that pesky kitty doing up at 1 am? :D

Attachments

• mourning dove cute.JPG
    mourning dove cute.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 593
  • dove landing.JPG
    dove landing.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 593
  • kitty.JPG
    kitty.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 580

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
probably hoping for a midnight dove snack! lol That one of the dove landing really is pretty cool!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the shots, I wonder what the kitty was after ummmmmmmmmm! Yum yums for the tum tum! Ours are up at all hours!

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Awesome pictures.
I have a pair of Cardinals here at our bird feeders also.
Need to bust out the camera and get going here with pics to share with you folks.
Last nite, 22 deer about a hundred yards from the house.
Picture would have not turned out as it was late dusk.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
This trail camera is fun, I love the way it catches things like the bird flying in and the squirrel jumping, try doing that with a regular camera. :D Thanks for the looks.

Bull get that camera out!

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Teddy, The male birds are always the brighter birds.

LoL I had a 50/50 shot, I don't know what I was thinking, I knew the males were brighter.
I did know that honest LoL For some reason I totally forgot though.

Love the pics, I need one of those trail cams to see what's been getting into my garbage cans at night. I hate having to pick up garbage in the mornings :-\

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG, no doubt the trail camera will catch the wildlife in action poses we would not too easily get sitting there and waiting. Some cool shots in this post, I like the squirrel the best.

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks folks! I have had a ton of fun with this camera, one of the best $100 bills I have ever spent! :wink: If I had the time to maintain 2 I'd buy another. :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great pic's, i need me one of those.
My son got some good shots of turkey, fox, raccoon, hog, & bear, he has a feeder set up close to his house.

Fossis...............

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Kim,
Sure as shooting you got some good shots. Lol
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread