Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dragged myself out of bed at 0530 this morning to head into work where in the park opposite they are having a balloon festival all week, have to drag myself out of bed at 4.30 on Thursday as they want me at work early for the Olympic Torch lighting which is also happening just across the road. I'm looking forward to a sleep-in this weekend ;D

Attachments

• clover1.JPG
    clover1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 261
  • launch1.JPG
    launch1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 261
  • kookaburra1.JPG
    kookaburra1.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 239

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh my!! Gorgeous view you have there! Look at how blue that sky is....incredible! I love the kookaburra! :angel9:

mercenary

Oct 4, 2006
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Wouldn't a polarizer have killed a lot of the reflection on the water? Looks like exposure compensation to me (or perhaps "Sunny" white balance)

Beautiful shots! Hopefully the ceremony went off without a hitch this time.

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guys n gals. I took them with a Canon EOS 400D. No filters or photo-shopping involved. Although its the best camera I've ever owned the mornings here are exceptional at the moment. We are 650 meters above sea level and some days you can see forever.

We had the Olympic torch ceremony across the road this morning but unfortunately my duties prevented me from taking photos - it was quite the spectacle though with there being a sea of red flags from the thousands of Chinese students bussed in by the Chinese Embassy (about 100 buses) and a small area of blue flags of the Pro-Tibet demonstrators.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread