yo village 2.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 264

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. The last time i was up there was in 1997 doing work on the hotel after the flood. During that time tourists were not allowed in and it was very peacefull. I think everyone should visit the park in their lifetime but do not bring your metal detector

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
nice photos, beautiful clear day for California standards,
I haven't been there for a while , I am glad to see it has not changed much over time.

db

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi there, Yosemite Park is a beautiful place. We visited there a few years ago while vacationing in a condo in Bass Lake. We saw the Half Dome, the waterfalls, the campgrounds, and so much beautiful scenery. When we got back to the condo we turned the evening news. About an hour after we left thew had a landslide down near the campground. There4 were 3 climbers on the side of the cliff. If I remember correctly one of them got caught in the slide. The news said that it was really a rare thing to have a slide in that area. Luckily there were no campers hurt. karenray08

OP
OP
C

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
Karenrya08, I think I remember that! Slides happen there from time to time & it's very scary.

We are sure lucky to live so close to this very special place. Most of the time we visit places just outside the park where there are not very many people, though. There are a lot of amazing areas in this part of the Sierra. BTW, we were at Bass Lake today for Forks Burgers. ;D The lake was beautiful & quiet today. In just a few weeks it will get pretty crowded.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cruisin said:
Karenrya08, I think I remember that! Slides happen there from time to time & it's very scary.

We are sure lucky to live so close to this very special place. Most of the time we visit places just outside the park where there are not very many people, though. There are a lot of amazing areas in this part of the Sierra. BTW, we were at Bass Lake today for Forks Burgers. ;D The lake was beautiful & quiet today. In just a few weeks it will get pretty crowded.
Bass Lake is a great place to find arrowheads when its low.

OP
OP
C

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
It sure is!!!! Not supposed to touch them though. And heaven forbid I would ever keep anything! (I'll post pictures later ;D)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cruisin said:
It sure is!!!! Not supposed to touch them though. And heaven forbid I would ever keep anything! (I'll post pictures later ;D)
:wink: :D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That trip to Cal. when we visited Yosemite was a wonderful time. We got the place at Bass Lake because of its nearness to the Redwoods which was our main reason for picking that particular spot. Yosemite was a welcome surprise being so close. Also we took a day and went up to the old gold rush territory. We pulled into Cuorsegold and cought the tail end of their 150th aniversery which put me in 7th heaven. I had my own horses when I was younger and did some contesting in the local rodaos and am a great fan of the old Western movies so that time in Coursegold was quite a treat. As it turned out, about a month later I was watching an old Western with Randolf Scott and they were up in Coursegold. It was just miners there living in tent. It was kind of interresting knowing that I had been right there in that same area the month before. That whole area where you live is beautiful country. karenray08.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread