99.2 KB · Views: 894

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a gorgeous lil boat! lol Wow!! Thanks for sharing it with us Marc...that is something else! :o

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Holy SMOKERS! :o Wow! What powers her? I hope it' not diesel. At 4.59 a gallon, it would cost thousands just to fuel her up! I guess if you can afford the yacht you can afford to fill it? :-\

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
4, 7400kW MTU diesels :o

The engineer said they took it out last week "just to test her out"... they went from Antibes to Monaco... about 23 miles.... and back...

...it took 7000 liters.

By my calculations, that's about $10,000.

:o :P

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh dear goodness!! Are you trying to give me a heart attack here?? rofl As a single mother of 2 there was one YEAR my gross wages were only $10,800 and these guys use that much in fuel to go 23 miles?? :tard: I bet it was one incredible ride though!! I would love to be able to go on a trip on a ship like that some day! ;D

Magic Fingers

I had the travel channel on yesterday and they had an hour of these "little" boats. I was so amazed at the interiors. I can only imagine having that much money and never having to worry about the cost of anything.
Speaking of fuel costs. Hubby just started a different trucking job under his own authority. I have had to put $8500 on his fuel card in 3 weeks!! :(

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like the Carinthia - she was bought and paid for by a German entrepreneur, who's wealth was earned honestly. Her owner, a widowed woman, is ONLY worth about 3 billion.

If you look at the world's largest yachts... 4 out of the top 5 (and 8 out of the top 20!) were built with OIL money. (and THEY ATTACKED US?) Sorry if I am mixing politics and pleasure, but there is something wrong with the big picture!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_yachts_by_length

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/special-features/2915-worlds-largest-yacht-525-platinum.html

Personally, after 9-11, I think we should have deposed the Royal Family, and OWNED Saudi Arabia, - if for no other reason than they continue to allow madrassas! >:(

Then WE could have 90 cent a gallon gasoline!

Anyway, it IS interesting to see where the money we spend at the pump is going! It makes me SICK! :angry4:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sssssshhhh you have to be careful or Jeff will send your pretty boat post to rants! :-X ROFL There surely has to be a better way to deal with the issues regarding oil....we can't keep paying higher and higher prices for fuel when our economy is going in the toilet and folks are struggling just to provide for basic needs for their families in many cases. I sure don't know what the answer is but it angers me that there is not a more diligent effort in finding that answer. >:(

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Yacht, and I saw that program on Travel Channel yesterday also, must be nice to have money to throw around like that! My oldest son is an engineer with Viking Yachts, which are more on the line of Sporting Yachts, but even those I believe start at 1.5 million, and they are backordered for over a year in many of the sizes, so the economy sure is not hurting those that have, only us those that have not Marc!

Don

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that on the verge of being a ship ? :icon_scratch:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Nice little ship, Marc...

I've never been on anything like that.

And what did you say the widow's name was????

Will you invite us for at least a short cruise around the harbor? ;D

...I kinda got a kick out of the dent that shows on the port side of the 2nd level deck... 2nd pic.
I'll bet someone rolled up their seabag over that!

HH
rmptr

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Marc,

I am a little prejudiced
but, (Not on this boat)
Having done work for Ms. Horten and knowing her personal standards,
I can personally recommend any boat she has for sale.
It will be shipshape from top to bottom.

I enjoyed what work we put into her projects.
she is an honorable lady and a fine person to do business with.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread