Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took a motorcycle ride to check out the newly opened (Feb '08) Bass Pro Shop in our area. I know there's BPS all over the country but it's a 1st time to visit one & there's only 2 in LA. The other is located in Bossier City, LA about a 5 hr drive. I checked out on the www and I see each BPS is different depending on the area of the country.

We were going to eat in the restaurant there, but being Mother's Day, a weekend and you would had thought the grand opening was today. It was so packed, just to buy some fudge was about 20 people in line long. Walked around a little & then left...well I did get a pink carnation for being a mom. :thumbsup:

BassPro1.jpg
Front Entrance​

BassPro2.jpg
I thought this was cute​

BassPro3.jpg
Alligator Door Pulls​

BassPro4.jpg
Cypress Trees & Moss​

basspro5 (2).jpg
I didn't take this pic, but it's pretty​

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
OMG.........Bass Pro Shop you visited had to be killer.
We have a Cabelas w/in 20 miles of my daughter and son in laws home......
I have to refrain from stopping there....is one of my biggest downfalls.
That photo of the pond/lake in front of that store is awesome.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love going to BPS I've been to the one in Okla. City, the one in St. Louis and the other one in La.
I like the gator door pulls one of the other has antlers.

The other one in La. has a really cool albino gator hanging from the ceiling! And gators (live) out front!

We saw one of the other two had a racoon driving a truck!

And Ethel the worlds largest Bass, really enjoyed seeing her when we 1st saw her she was live and in the tank they fed her and other fish. But after she died of old age stuffed!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mental granny said:
And Ethel, Texas state record Bass, really enjoyed seeing her when we 1st saw her she was live and in the tank they fed her and other fish. But after she died of old age stuffed!

Ethel was actually caught in Texas and at the time of capture was about 9-10 years old and weighted over 17 1/2 pounds. :o She was kept alive and finally passed away in 1994 at an estimated age of 19.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
stoney56 said:
mental granny said:
And Ethel, Texas state record Bass, really enjoyed seeing her when we 1st saw her she was live and in the tank they fed her and other fish. But after she died of old age stuffed!

Ethel was actually caught in Texas and at the time of capture was about 9-10 years old and weighted over 17 1/2 pounds. :o She was kept alive and finally passed away in 1994 at an estimated age of 19.

some nice fillets

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They stuffed when she died she had actulay gotton to where she liked to swim to the glass and look at people! I bet she thought humans are weird! ;D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
No new rod n' reel for bein' a Mom?

Gosh RR,

Jump up and down 'til yah get sumthin' gooder! ;D

I get my wife a fishin' license every Mother's Day...
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread