Sunday Afternoon in Pittsburgh

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I flew into Pittsburgh today for a meeting and had the afternoon to roam around, until it started raining on & off.

Here's the view from my hotel window showing Mellon Arena where the Penguins are playing the Flyers in Game 5 of the Eastern Playoffs.

View from hotel.JPG

I had heard about this and had to go see for myself. There are upwards (I've heard) of 10,000 fans that gather outside the Arena to watch the match on big screen TV.

The next two shots show the view at the crowd looking at the screen and beside
the screen looking at the crowd. It was getting dark as if it was gonna rain again and I headed for the room to watch it on TV.

Outside Mellon Arena.JPG

Waving towels.JPG

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wes, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and as I type this I am watching the movie Gung Ho which was filmed in PGH. Nice pics.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Copper,

From what I was told, they do it during the year.

Willie,

I was born and raised in Charleroi and while I was posting I was watching the Pens beat Philly 6 to zip to win the Eastern Conference and move on to play for the Stanley Cup .

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Wes,

That is a great shot of the Civic (sorry) Mellon Arena and the old train station. Too bad commuter train traffic is not as big as it used to be.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
RON (PA) said:
Wes,

That is a great shot of the Civic (sorry) Mellon Arena and the old train station. Too bad commuter train traffic is not as big as it used to be.
That's what I called it too on the shuttle from the airport and quickly got corrected! :-\

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
halfdime said:
It's still the Civic Arena to me, but soon to be demolished.

That's what folks tell me Half. I actually was in the CIVIC Arena soon after it was built and had the pleasure of having the roof open up! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread