UPDATE ~ We Got Babies!!!

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone ;D

I don't have a traditional bird bath but the birds from last summer kind of adopted my husbands metal bowl that came with his brand new smoker LoL He used the bowl once and left it set on a lawn chair on the front porch for some stupid reason. It had rained and filled the bowl and next thing ya know, the birds are loving it :D ;D So now that's what it is used for......... bird bath LoL

I almost forgot to post todays shots.
Img_2280_400x267.jpg

Img_2282_400x267.jpg

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My they are changing daily! Getting sooooooooo big like watching cildern spread their wings and fly away :crybaby2: We WILL miss them at that time!

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
If the next pics we see are you on a ladder with a worm in your mouth dangling over the baby birds were going to send you some help.. LOL j/k enjoying watching them grow.

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
LoL al-nm, no worms will ever go in my mouth ;D I am enjoying watching them grow and taking their pics but IF it came down to worms in the mouth I'm afraid the darlings would go hungry :D ;D :wink:

I wish they would stay around longer but that nest is really getting crowded. They are all squished in in there.
It has been raining off and on here since lastnight, so I bet they are glad to be snuggling together in there. Here's today's pics.

Img_2307_400x267.jpg

IMG_2311_400x267.jpg

Img_2314_400x267.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
;D ;D ;D So nice to come home and see how our lil birdies are doing! Thanks for keeping us updated pretty lady! ~hugs~

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Ut Oh, today I went out to check on them and take a few more pics and when I got close to the bush, they ALL fly out of the nest and went into the flower bed :o

I took about 10 really cool pics of them hopping around and then I realized I didnt have the darn camera card in the camera ::)

I went back inside and got the card, put it in and went back out and they were gone ??? I looked all over and didnt see them so I walked back to go back inside. I got near my husbands truck and 2 of the little boogers hopped out from under it and nearly gave me a heart attack ;D

I got a pic of one flying off. They learn fast, not perfect just yet but they are doing great.
IMG_2330_cropped.jpg

IMG_2329_cropped.jpg

I decided to go back to the bush and take a pic of the empty nest to see if the other 2 eggs were still there and this is what I found. (WARNING: NOT a pretty site for the Sparrow egg :'( )

Img_2337_400x267.jpg

I'm not trying to be graphic, but it looks like the Sparrow Egg is somewhat solid? and there is a brown part that is attached to the white part. I can see part of the eggshell, but not sure where the other half is.
IMG_2336_cropped.jpg

Im hoping the babies come back to the nest in a little bit, I need a few more pics of them before they are gone forever LoL

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh my!! I hope they come back too! That lil sparrow egg would be enough to push me out of the nest! :tard: :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But she at least tried to hatch which is a good thing not just kick it out. I did not think it would be much longer til they flew but, this was quicker than I thought! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I went back out a few minutes ago to see if the babies came back but they were not there :'( I guess they are on their own now, but maybe I'll see them hopping around from time to time. I checked inside the nest too and the white egg (or what was left of it) is now completely gone, no sign of it anywhere. Someone had a late supper :o The blue egg is still there and all in one piece. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's still there or not.

Anyway's, THANKS to all who enjoyed this thread and watching the babies grow from eggs to Juveniles. It was fun ;D

Now I have to watch the other two nests that's under the roof of my carport :D ;D
I'm kidding, those 2 nests are up way to high for me to get too and even if I could, I wouldn't. Too many spiderwebs and yucky stuff up there hahaha!

Image1-1.jpg
Image2-1.jpg

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Thanks so much for the pictures I did really enjoy seeing them

Look forward to more next spring :thumbsup:

Till then you take care and TY again

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The two white things in the nest are poop sacs that the mama gathers from the young ones, then she will dispose of them properly. Kinda keeps carnivores from knowing that there are youngsters up above.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread