Finding a Sunny Location

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Mrs Snapper did her annual egg laying attempts. Over the past decade or two, I have always had turtles laying eggs in my flower bed area or on the side lot, but in recent years, the white sandy areas I had are not covered in grass or moss, so the turtles have slacked off on laying on my property, but some still do, this Snapper did for the past three years that I know of and still might.

But, this morning, she decided to dig her hole in kind of a wrong location. Yes, it is soft dirt, mixed with sand, Yes, it was easy diggin, Yes, it was a sunny location. BUT, I think under a swing on a public playground, just might NOT work out! :)

I hope she left the area after I suggested she move, but I did walk away and when I looked about hour later, all gone. So hopefully she will dig another day and lay those eggs in a safer location.

Don

Attachments

• snap1.jpg
    snap1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 288
  • snap2.jpg
    snap2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 294
  • snapsizecomparison.jpg
    snapsizecomparison.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 279
  • SnapperSwingSet.jpg
    SnapperSwingSet.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 310
OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and Grandson went to the playground last evening and they were going to move the eggs to our flower bed, but Mrs Snapper evidently got smart and did not lay them there. That is sort of typical of this one, seems like she takes a few days of test digs before she finally does find the "right spot". I expect to see her again this week, perhaps again on the playground or maybe on my property this time.

Yesterday was a bit unusual, first the Snapping turtle, than later in the day I heard a Tree Frog calling and it sounded like it was on my bedroom window, well, it was, on the shutter next to it. After dinner, I was in the garage and darn if a Salamander was squiggling across the floor. Also the day before when I moved my recycling container, a Ringneck snake was underneath it!

Wonder what is next to be spotted......

Don

Attachments

• ringnecksnake.jpg
    ringnecksnake.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 259

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don tell Mrs. Slowsky she needs a bath dang :wink:

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Cool pictures Don! Yup she could have found a much better spot. Hey watch you toes, those thing can take one off lickity split! :wink: Oh and there is that dang snake again, would have rather seen the tree frog. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread