good camoflage

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• greensnake.jpg
    greensnake.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 331

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic and great looking snake.

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the only name I have ever known them as is a "green snake"...My great grandparents always told us that if one bit you, you would die from laughter..?? We played with them as kids, they are a very calm snake, I have never seen one even try to bite. They aren't very big, about the diameter of a common pencil and about 2 feet long.

The dept of fish and wildlife here is offering a bounty on these snakes (alive only) so they can study them, they are reported to be declining in population. I only see about one each year....copperheads are a different story though, too many of them here. My Jack Russel Terriers got ahold of this one outside our house...luckily the dogs did not get bitten.

Attachments

• copperhead.JPG
    copperhead.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 203

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the green color on that one is awesome, that would make a great capture shot for a science class

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread