Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think any one with any brains thought you were slurring the firefighters, at least some people understand that they have to pull back to a safe spot regroup get out of harms way, check equipment, access the fire movement, so they can try to do the job and stay alive! And NOONE can stay in that heat with equipment without a break or they would die of heat stoke!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely tenacious! The breeze has all the smoke traveling up the hill right towards them so they are really doing some smoke eating.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All smoke eaters are my heros, and I want them to stay safe! They are doing a fantastic job! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These pics I took yesterday, July 2nd. The first pic is just the fire but the second pic is where the firefighters took a stand. They were located about where the white smoke is. The fire ended up going around them and then down the other side of the mountain. The last pic shows the fire starting to come down the hill towards Shasta Dam. That is the dam on the far right. They are still filling the water trucks here at our building but the fire is, basically, out. I can't see any significant fire activity from my viewpoint any longer.

Attachments

• fire54.JPG
    fire54.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 167
  • fire53.JPG
    fire53.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 169
  • fire50.JPG
    fire50.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 166

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread