Norcal fire

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are 2 pics of a lightening-caused fire just West of Shasta Dam. One was taken on 6/23 and the other, the worst one, was taken today, 6/26. There are hundreds of fires burning here in the Northstate. Yesterday it was so smokey I couldn't get a good pic but, today, we have a little breeze and it is moving the smoke around a little more.

Attachments

• fire3.jpg
    fire3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 447
  • fire12.jpg
    fire12.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 433

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats close. The fire in mariposa causing smoke to settle in the central valley real bad air quality.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting closer all the time. You can see flames in this pic.
They have done a lot of evacuations in various parts of the Northstate. Platina, R-Ranch, some of the Keswick area, some of the Shingletown area a some other places. Just too many fires and not enough resources to fight them all at once.

Attachments

• fire17.jpg
    fire17.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 405

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fingerpointing on how this started will be straight up if you know what i mean.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Fire season really sucks...

We just flew out four hot-shot teams from work this past week. All going to Cali.

Be safe fellas..

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess part of the process by mother nature. Just hope families are safe.

Burdie

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone of you T-neters there and your families stay safe, please! And a prayer for all the men and women fighting the fires!

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
We here in central Oregon are sending all of you in that area many needed prayers. That is extremely beautiful country there and we wish you all the best. Keep us posted please. Shasta is not to far from Bend and we now how those fires can grow in no time at all. Please stay safe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally have a few bombers working our fire. It's just a little less than a half mile away now

Attachments

• fire23.jpg
    fire23.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 354
  • fire22.jpg
    fire22.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 363

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Oh my! That is just awful! I really hope everyone stays safe. Maybe we all ought to do a California rain dance? :-\

Great pictures Packer! Please be safe and get out if need be folks!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I'd have said I would be safe here but, the fire has now jumped the river just downstream from here. It's almost time to get out. I can see the plumes of smoke going up the hillsides on THIS side of the river now. There are at least 4 planes working it now. This is the BIG plane!

Attachments

• fire30.jpg
    fire30.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 330

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PB I hope you are already on your way out! TT get going PLEASE before that smoke gets to be so bad you cant breath or see through it! I am not the only one worried about you ! Prayers are yours! Stay in touch!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its bad down here the smoke must be terrible up there . Stay safe

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fine, not to worry. Thanks for the concern. The bombers finally stopped the fire(s). The hills are so steep here that ground crews can't really do much with a fire beyond calling in drops to the planes. You could tell by the swirling smoke that the fires were creating their own wind because, away from the fire, the air was pretty calm. Right now there are just some smoldering hotspots on the hillsides; a lot less concerning than it has been. I think they pretty much have this one beat unless we get some strong winds and that's not being predicted. Again, thanks for the concern. These firefighters are doing a great job so far in keeping the fires away from most structures and populated areas. Hats off to them!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, Tuesday the 1st, this is what it looked like just outside of where I work. The fire had flared up so they brought helos in. They couldn't quell it down so they brought in that huge water bomber from Canada. It knocked the flames down but now today, Wednesday, it's flaring up again. Didn't have my good camera for today's pic. I think the bombers will be back. The firefighters on the ground had to pull back.

Attachments

• fire33.jpg
    fire33.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 208
  • fire39.JPG
    fire39.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread