Crummy View

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
This morning I left Springfield, TN and drove a 15 passenger van pulling a parade float to St. Louis to attend the Imperial Shrine Convention. I think I should have stayed home! The wind was blowing hard and pushed the van and float all over the highway. At one point I thought I was going to lose it as the float/trailer was weaving back and forth excessively. I slowed to 60 mile an hour and continued with the floatr continuimg to fishtail. When I stopped for gas a fella came up and said "Do you know one of your trailer tires is shredded?" I drove about 100 miles and not one person signaled that there had been a problem!

Got the tire fixed and still fought the wind bvut at least the float "trailered". That and some other issues found me very glad to arrive in St' Louis! Then I check into the room and this is the view I end up with!

Attachments

• St. Louis 2008 001.jpg
    St. Louis 2008 001.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 364
  • St. Louis 2008 003.jpg
    St. Louis 2008 003.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 364
  • St. Louis 2008 004.jpg
    St. Louis 2008 004.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 355
  • St. Louis 2008 002.jpg
    St. Louis 2008 002.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 359

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on Wes it could worse you could have a lump of coal under your name :wink:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
aa battery said:

Guess you're right aa! Or there could be something worse than coal there! ::)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wesfrye53 said:
aa battery said:

Guess you're right aa! Or there could be something worse than coal there! ::)
by the way i like the view

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:

Yes like I have. What is all that about any way? Nice pics hope to see it soon.

Burdie

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Dear Wes, You must have those tires checked before you hit the road my friend. Didn't we have a problem like this last year? :wink:

And what may I ask is wrong with the view? Beatiful body of water, a cool arch (could have been those golden ones :D ), a neat little church? I'd have taken a view like that! :)

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Kimmie, do I have to explain everything?

A very common, almost defining feature of satire is its strong vein of irony or sarcasm, but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. The essential point, however, is that "in satire, irony is militant"[2]. This "militant irony" (or sarcasm) often professes to approve the very things the satirist actually wishes to attack

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
But Wes you missed the most important part of the definition.

In satire, human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with the intent to bring about improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humor in itself so much as an attack on something of which the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

Good thing the coal button is gone! ;D

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
COUNTRY GIRL said:

In satire, human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with the intent to bring about improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humor in itself so much as an attack on something of which the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

Country Girl & Wes, I have a response.......

WHAT??? :laughing7: :laughing7:

Nice pics Wes! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
COUNTRY GIRL said:

But Kimmie, I conveniently left it out! :tard:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Gotta watch those tires Wes.

It's been a number of years now when that newly retired couple drove cross country in their brand spankin' new huge motorhome pulling an itty bitty honda car behind them.

I think it was in Idaho something went wrong and they made sparks over a 50 mile swath of forested highway from a flat on the towed honda. The state sued them for damages. They were looking to lose everything they had worked their whole lives for.

Insurance is a rip off.
They probably paid it every month of their lives and it nowhere came close to covering the damages they did.

But I was up at the top of that arch once... It's really great!

Best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions