Oh Deer!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I was out feeding the horses tonight and saw two young bucks munching some grass
no more than 50 feet away and took some pics... one lifted his head long enough to
pose for me...

These little fellas have been hanging around a lot and are none too scared of people.

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Think they are waiting for you to feed them too lol

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi, good pics there. That's like eyeball to eyeball. Boy, by the looks of those ears they must be mule deer. They sure stand out in comparison to the whitetails that is common here. We have a biketrail that passes close to our house and most of it is in the woods. Yesterday my wife and grandson were out walking and a Doe with two fawns came out onto the trail right in front of them. The deer didn't see her at first so they had a good chance to admire the little fawns before they were spotted. Our grandson lives in town, so he was excited about seeing them. To bad she didn't have a camera with her.

That part about out with the horsess brings back some good memories. That makes your post double good. Ray.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are very smart they looked checked you out saw camera and not a long gun so they decided you were safe! ;D

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
karenray08 said:
Hi, good pics there. That's like eyeball to eyeball. Boy, by the looks of those ears they must be mule deer. They sure stand out in comparison to the whitetails that is common here. We have a biketrail that passes close to our house and most of it is in the woods. Yesterday my wife and grandson were out walking and a Doe with two fawns came out onto the trail right in front of them. The deer didn't see her at first so they had a good chance to admire the little fawns before they were spotted. Our grandson lives in town, so he was excited about seeing them. To bad she didn't have a camera with her.

That part about out with the horsess brings back some good memories. That makes your post double good. Ray.

Yes! I should have mentioned that... they are mule deer.

We have white tails here too... but these fellas were muleys.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Jimmy the white tails are SUPER FRIENDLY down here in the Show Me State ...

They walk within feet of you & could care less about the traffic ...

Kewel Pics & How are the ponies ??? Will we see them at Belmont next year ... :icon_king:

Nicky

Thanks Nick :)

The horses are fine - but the only way they will ever see Belmont is if someone makes boots from their hide! LOL

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool pics Jim.....Throw some oats their way and i will be up in the fall to harvest...lol...Steve

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
The hardest part of harvesting a mule deer here is deciding where to but your hunting license... they are fairly willing to be steaks.

White tails here on the other hand make themselves scarce...

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Pretty nice pictures; I agree, that first picture is awesome. They need to fatten up a bit before fall though.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I hope they fatten up too... we had the most moisture this spring than in the last 13 years or more so they'll be eating good.

Lottsa alpha-alpha around for them.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Montana Jim said:
I hope they fatten up too... we had the most moisture this spring than in the last 13 years or more so they'll be eating good.

Lottsa alpha-alpha around for them.

What's alpha-alpha ... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Nick

Doh! I spelled it wrong! It's Alfalfa... LOL...

It's this...

Alfalfa[1].jpg

Not this...

Alfalfa--C10113037[1].jpg

Sorry about the spelling... I've been speaking phonetics too long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread