Never seen a vulture sit still.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Hey Girl, very nice pictures. It was nice of him to sit still while you took his picture, (assuming it was a male). You always take great pics, what camera do you use and or lens?

Gary

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Hi Gary. Thank you for the kind words. :) My camera is a Canon Power shot S-3 IS. I was looking for a camera with a GREAT zoom and I found it. I've always enjoyed taking pictures, this camera just make then come out that much better. It's almost always within arms reach. :wink:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks Packer, the camera ran $250, they have gone to the S5, main difference is a bigger viewing screen. You can try them out at Walmart, then go online and order it from Walmart, it's cheaper by a long shot. :) You take some pretty great pictures yourself though. :thumbsup:

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Yep Country Girl, that'll gitr done. Nice camera. I have been lookin at the Nikon D40. But you keep doing what you are doing, 'cause what you are doing is great. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello there Country Girl, nice pics. Reminded me of some I saw. Afew years ago, before I retired
we were building a house in a new subdivision. No other houses within a mile. about 80 feet where we
parked our trucks while working was a huge cottonwood that had been struck by lightning and left a
large fork. In that fork was a buzzard's nest with young ones in it. The two adults would perch next to the nest. Never saw the female on the nest. Our weather at the time would be in the high 80's
every day when we were done work. Those two buzzards would be perched up there with their wings
held out away from their bodies to cool off underneath. It was like a kid with his elbows held out level with his shoulders and forearms hanging down. They looked so funny. When we went back to
build another house there ,the tree had been cut down and the birds were gone.

Another case of wildlife losing their habitat.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics! He is just sitting there like the hawk did. How long did he stay and how close did you get to him. Seems to me that birds have been acting oddly for some time now.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Karenrae, neat story. I agree though, taking away their home is not fair. I bet they built another though. :)

Jim, he hung out for quite a while, longer than I did. :D He was across the front lot, across the road, and way up in a tree. 125 feet? (I'm not the greatest judge of distance) The zoom on the camera is why it's so close. Dan came out and I said look at the vulture. He says"Where? Oh are you sure it's a vulture?" You couldn't see the red head with the naked eye.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Kim,
I asked you not to post my photo on the web!!
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread