Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW thanks for the post :thumbsup: Great idea , the web cam link.

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Thanks ex and pb!

I did the same thing... Drove up to our family cemetery above the farm and there stood two bucks in velvet, they didn't run, just stood looking curiously. The camera was back at the house. The Grandkids got a big kick out of seeing them though. That was better than a picture for me.

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
Have many raccoons at your feeders!

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
You're welcome, the link is a re-post, but having the deer with six raccoons was something different. I only got five 'coons in the pic, didn't right-click fast enough.

Haven't seen the big turkeys lately, they must have changed their feeding hours.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh I am really lovin this called daughter and told here where to look and get the grand kids on .....
Thanks they are lovin it! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
:icon_sunny:

Hey I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I wish I could take credit for putting the site up, but it's not mine.

You'll never see the turkey at night, but you can see them usually from dawn to 10am. My guess is the Turkey are getting plenty to eat elsewhere right now.

It's not unusual to see 30 at a time. And they are quite large!

Sometimes you'll see the food flying from the feeder. And sometimes you'll catch the owner doing maintenance.

The doe is bedded down alone at the moment.

Attachments

• videot.jpg
    videot.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,886

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
That's a whole lot of critters!

We had a buck in the yard yesterday that was in velvet but he only had one antler. He was gone before I could get the camera. We do have a spotted fawn & doe in the yard. Every year the does have their babies inside our fence. They know where it's safe!!!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago Jeff got one thought it had 1 antler but after he shot it and got to it it turned out it had 2 the other side had grown down along the edge of his head!

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
There was a photo I saw last hunting season of a buck with maybe a 6-8 point rack, and one single spike sticking out of it's forehead.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nature does some strang things!

Does the Feeder Cam guy stock very often kept cking last night and yesterday no activity ?

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I spotted several Turkey around 4pm yesterday, and the raccoons around 9 or 10pm.

I think the feeder gets plenty of care, I'm not sure if it's motion activated, timed, or what. But at night when it's on infra-red, you can sometimes see the food flying down, sort of looks like Corn Pops, but it's probably pellets close to dog food size.

It's busiest during the winter when there's not as much natural food available, but I still spot critters at all hours. It must be close to a highway intersection, in the videos they have on the site you can hear vehicles taking off.

Every once in a while I'll catch a hand, leg, or foot of a human tending the feeder or the camera.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you! I was at work just got home, but last night I caught some raccoons! There were 3 of them when I looked! I am going back later! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread