Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty fine looking family there Shane, and the photos of jackson hole are awesome.. I have never seen so dang many antlers in my life, here the field mice eat em up..weird huh..

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jackson Hole is one of the neatest places I have ever visited. Had a chance in 1992 to spend about 12 days in that area and North to the Tetons and all over Yellowstone. It is on the top of my most favorite vacations list. Hope to return when the wife retires. Looks like you had a great time too, and hey what a great looking family you have. That's what vacations are all about "family".

fccdfed

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi, Sparky, Some fine family pics with good backgrounds. I'm glad to see that arch is still there.
Over thirty years ago my wife and I took a circle tour from Michigan out that way. Taking the northern route to Misoula, Montana we headed South from there. Had a camper and camped every night. After camping three days at Yellowstone (counted 17 bears there) we spent a day at Jackson
Hole. That one square block park had one of those big arches with the tangled up antlers at
each of the four corners. That was an awesome sight to see all those antlers being used like that.
At the time we were there, there was a large herd of elk up on a mountaintop right near the town.
It was an awful narrow road with a few switchbacks. some places there was not enough room to
pass another vehicle. Part away up I has to pull over and stop at a wider place and wait until
a truck coming down could get by me. Luckily we only met the one truck. Some of those switchbacks
were kind of hairy with no guardrails. Then after we got to the top, the elk were somewhere else.
Did you get a chance to see any of them when you were there. I would imagine that road would be
in much better shape now. LOL. You all must have had a good time. that is good country out there.
Hey. I almost forgot. Did you see any mounted Wyoming Jackalopes?

OP
OP
sparkymaster

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Thanks foe all the kind reply everyone.

We had a great time and recommend the trip to anyone that can swing it. There are four arches of elk horns, one on each side of town square, they all look the same as the one pictured so I just posted the one.
We visited both Teton and yellowstone national parks but wouldn't ya know it, we forgot the camera that day and had to buy fun savers for taking pictures so I couldn't post those. We seen elk, moose, bear, buffalo, antelope, eagles, racoon's, well you get the idea, a lot of wildlife but no jackalope other that in a few shops. Heck, one shop even had bigfoot in there. We fished on the head of the snake river right where it comes out of jackson lake, man was it good fishing. I'd bait one of the kids poles and cast it out just as the other one was reeling in a fish. I'd take off the fish, re-bait the hook and cast it out and the other one was reeling in. This went on for a solid hour or so until I finally told em to go play so Dad could catch a few. Luckily the older boys were able to fish on their own. We have friends that live in Island Park so we usually spend a few days there fishing Henry's lake and a few of the rivers in the area but with the fires we stayed away from that area this time. The only down side is it's a tourist trap, plain and simple. If you go to Jackson Hole, plan on spending some money unless you can avoid the temptation. I'm a frugal person for the most part but still ended up spending a ton more than I should have buying neat stuff we thought we just had to have. We also went to a place called the Bar "J" wranglers. It was about $200.00 for the family but the food and entertainment was out of this world. It's setting is a working dude ranch, they cook all the food fresh on grills and in dutch ovens and while you eat they tell cowboy stories and sing songs, it was awesome and worth every penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread