Local Girl Wins Silver....and Gold

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Gore, Va - Stephens City girl Ashley, aka DigginGirl, recently led her volleyball team at the Frederick County Sheriff's Camp to a Silver Medal. Afterwards, she proved to be an all around American Girl, by winning Gold, by outswimming 40 other competitors and winning a Gold Medal in the Freestyle Swimming Competition. She then caused quite an uproar by catching a 12 inch rainbow trout, just missing the Bronze Medal by 1/2 inch, in the Fishing Derby.

Her father, DigginMan, has proved to be a medical marvel, himself. It is said that his chest has increased in circumference by 3 inches in the last couple of hours. He has also developed something that folks are calling a "strut". If this is a temporary or permanent condition is yet to be seen. "Michael Phelps has nuttin on my girl" seems to be heard quite a bit this evening in Stephens City. The Sherriff's Department has also confirmed that Dad will be conducting a class at the next camp on Metal Detecting. (Said to be the most boring activity on Earth). Sheriff says "We will see how it goes".

The Frederick County Sheriff's Camp is in it's 10th year. Each year Camp Rock Enon, a Boy Scout Camp located in Gore, Virginia, allows the Sheriff's Department to hold it's camp at this location. The campers, middle school age, just have to show up. It is part of the Drug and Alcohol Resistance Education (DARE) Program. There is no charge to the campers or the taxpayers. Donations are made thoughout the year. There were 72 campers this year. This cost $14,000.00, but was already paid for. The Sheriff was quoted as saying "With no more donations, we can run this camp another three years".

Thank God for our Sheriff's Department and all the Sponsors of this program.

DM

A very tired DigginGirl.

Attachments

• indexCAE2H5DN.jpg
    indexCAE2H5DN.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 380

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats great! congrats both to you and to Ashley!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
WTG, Ashley!! You go girl!! We are proud of you here at TNet!! Does sound like dad is in serious condition though! :D

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Ashley we are all very proud of you. And your Dad is too even though he sure doesn't know how to say it! :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats young lady we all here are very proud of you! :icon_sunny:

And Dad that condition you have IT will stay around til the day you die, I guess you'll just have to live with it1 ;D

PS It only gets worse when she grows up and gives you grandbabies!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Digginman, That is some daughter you have there. Such a great athelete and a fisherman
(er, girl),too, makes a super combination. You have good cause to be proud of her. By her pic
I can tell she also has a great and loving personality. Congrats to you both.
That D.A.R.E. is a wonderful program.
Good hunting to you and may your finds be Top Notch.
Ray karenray08

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Digging Girl,
WoW :o you did great. And you caught a big fish too> OUTstanding.

DiggingMan,
If that "strut" don't ease up in a day or two soak it in some peroxide.
Joe

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
WAY TO GO ASHLEY!!!!!!!!>>>>You totally rock girl! ......... :wav:........ And Dad has every right to strut,so dont tease him too much!

Its fantastic to hear about the sons and daughters of the Tnet crowd and you really make all of us PROUD!!!!!

PS ...You really are turning into a beautiful young woman.. :3some:.Dad will have to stay in shape just to beat the boys away!

DigginGirl

Apr 18, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
TreasureAce 250
Thank You All. Dad really made a big deal out of this. I was just having a good time. And all I hear about is Michael Phelps. Michael Phelps, Michael Phelps. This is my new hero.

Ashley

Attachments

• Rebecca Soni.jpg
    Rebecca Soni.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 465

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Digginman,
I got your pm and answered it, but I'm kinda dumb on this puter yet so don"t know if it went through or not.

Ray karenray08

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Ashley !

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations young lady..those are some remarkable feats and we are alllll proud of you.. :thumbsup: :wav:

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You must have had a lot of fun!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats young lady. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread