Catch Up on Summer

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hello All!

Been absent for a while...busier that whatever and still might not be able to jump in as much as I'd like to but thought I'd make the time to wander around the yard and take a few pics.

Here's some of my summer bounty. The large jar is sweet pepper rings(notice the various stages of ripeness) with a few Mexican Poblano/Ancho peppers thrown in. The other two are Red Hot Cherry peppers. Then there's a bowl of some Red Delicious apples, a few tomatos (the odd colored one is a Mr. Stripey), and of course, an apple pie!

Summer 2008 bounty.JPG

This is where I'm forced to do all my gardening due to some very elusive ground hogs:

Back deck garden.JPG

Who says you have to buy a $30 kit to grow tomatoes upside down? This is just an old pastic thingy I found in the basement, cut a hole in the bottom,stuck the roots thru and filled it with Miracle Grow potting soil. Those are Roma tomatoes BTW:

Tomatos in a bucket.JPG

Here's a shot of the overwhelming bounty of Red Delicious apples I have this year:

Red Delicious apples.JPG

Did I mention peaches? Not much longer before these end up in a pie!

Peaches.JPG

Here's one of my goldfish:

Goldfish.JPG

A Hibiscus plant:

Hibiscus.JPG

And the pathway to my pool:

Path to the pool.JPG

Hope I haven't bored you! ;D

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yummy Post Wes, hey, Kim and I have some gray, little furry creatures that would most likely love to spend a day in your yard!!! :) You can keep the groundhogs though.

Like the Upside down Plum Tomato results.

Don

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Good looking fruit and veggies wes...I'll have to try the upside down planting next year...does it work with other vegetable plants too?....seems like a good way to avoid doing any weeding.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Copperhead said:
Good looking fruit and veggies wes...I'll have to try the upside down planting next year...does it work with other vegetable plants too?....seems like a good way to avoid doing any weeding.. :thumbsup:

Don't know copper. Don't see why it wouldn't work and would syre save on space and cut down on weeding.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a spare bedroom? I think I need to move. :tongue3: Good eating this winter for sure.

Burdie

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Oh my great gardener extrodianare! :thumbsup: Chubs would have a field day, or smogashboard! :D I think Hubby, Micki,Don, and I are coming for supper. Better get cooking! I'll leave Chubs at home, you'd never be able to plant enough! :D Sweet, hot, stuff! :-*

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Wes,
I can be there in 20 min. lol That pie really caught my eye.
Joe

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cynangyl said:
gracious it all looks good!! Especially the pie....STILL can't afford it though! ROFL

I have an idea Cyn. I'll check with my friend at CSX Railway and find out what train might run through your town and also pass thru Springfield. Get ya a good pole, a big bandana, wear old clothes and clod-hoppers and I'll let you know when to jump on the train. When you pass thru Springfield just be sure to be on the northern side of the boxcar. I'll be waiting at the crossing at Main Street to catch ya when you jump off. Just a very short drive to the house and all the pie you can eat.

Now how expensive is that? :tongue3:

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nice post Wesley. Those groundhogs can be a pain on the garden bounties. Deer took care of most of our flowers...until we hung the Dial soap in the trees above them. That stopped them dead in their tracks. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
bedpanmoneyman said:
Nice post Wesley. Those groundhogs can be a pain on the garden bounties. Deer took care of most of our flowers...until we hung the Dial soap in the trees above them. That stopped them dead in their tracks. :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking Bed! ;D

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
Nice looking veggies and the pie Wes looks like a blue ribbon winner to me. I have an old fashioned ice cream maker, we can do a-la-mode. :tongue3:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wicked Wanda said:
Nice looking veggies and the pie Wes looks like a blue ribbon winner to me. I have an old fashioned ice cream maker, we can do a-la-mode. :tongue3:

Wanda, would you believe I just had a piece (it's sugar-free) with a scoop of Breyers sugar-free vanilla ice cream? :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions