Transport of old.

D

Doug UK

Wife and I drove out to Minehead today for lunch.

Photographs of several tourist attractions we have locally. The bus is 1935 and the train is around the 1950's.

Thanks for looking.

DougUK

1935 Bus.
Sunday002.jpg

Open top.
Sunday003.jpg

Steam train.
Sunday004.jpg

Station sign Minehead
Sunday009.jpg

Minehead harbour, dates from around the 1500’s.
Sunday014.jpg

OP
OP
D

Doug UK

bigfish31 said:
That's quite a low tide.

The tide is on its way in, and I think (?) the Bristol channel, (Wales over the other side of it) holds the second highest/lowest tide range in the world?

Tuesdays high is approx 33 feet, all it leaves is a sea of mud!!

DougUK

OP
OP
D

Doug UK

warsawdaddy said:
That bus and I are the same age.It looks in much better shape,sad to say.

The bus is a manual floor change non synchromesh gearbox double the clutch both up and down gears to change gear.

Not sure if some of our younger members have had the pleasure(?) to double a clutch to change gears?

Notice the two small "winder's" to change the destination and numbers board on the RHS of the cab?

Regards to you.

DougUK

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Can you detect at low tide??? I would think you would find a lot of stuff that went over board.

OP
OP
D

Doug UK

RON (PA) said:
Can you detect at low tide??? I would think you would find a lot of stuff that went over board.

Yes you can detect at low tide, there are two problems to a certain extent, one is mud, you can only walk out so far and the other is iron.

I have pulled out quite a bit of Georgian silver over the years and several rings.

I prefer the surfing beaches down the coast, plenty of gold and silver in winter time with my Whites PI.

DougUK

1854226.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread