Bumper Crop

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
This is the third basket I've picked so far with about 3 baskets lying on the ground and at least three to four more on the tree. A real bumper crop that has resulted in broken branches (which tells me the poor tree needs pruning) and a whole bunch of bees feasting on the goodies on the ground!

Bumper Crop.JPG

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Wes,
More apple pie? I can still be there in 30 min.lol
Joe

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Pegleg,

Do you have to water and fertilize those? What about canning; are they hard to can? :icon_jokercolor:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This crop is actually ready for picking. It's former occupants provided all the fertiziler it needed, and they need very little water. Problem is finding someone to " pick " them before they rust ( nothing smells worse than a rusty bumper ). Then it off to the bumperstands ( they are more like fresh fruit just wash and slap a label on them ) where they are sold on by the roadside.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
pookie said:
lol pegleg. :sign10:
btw. those apples look yummy! :P

they are; been eating them fresh, in pies, apple butter...now wondering if I can fry them up and then freeze 'em. :icon_scratch:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
wesfrye53 said:
CarolinaDigs said:
Great basket of apples Wes !!! I bet you make some killer apple jacks :wink:

OK Margie....I give up. What are apple jacks?

Applejack is a strong alcoholic beverage produced from apples, originating from the American colonial period. It is made by concentrating hard cider, either by the traditional method of freeze distillation, or by true evaporative distillation. The term "applejack" derives from "jacking", a term for freeze distillation.

From the fermented juice, with an alcohol content of less than ten percent, the concentrated result contains thirty to forty percent alcohol, is slightly sweet, and usually tastes and smells of apples.

Freeze distilling concentrates all of the alcohol by-products of fermentation including ethanol, methanol and fusel alcohols. Distillation by evaporation can separate these as they have different boiling points.

Due to the relatively higher cost and lower yield of alcohol produced from fruit fermentation, commercially produced applejack may be composed of apple brandy diluted with grain spirits until the drink reaches the desired alcohol content.

The oldest distillery in America is Scobeyville, New Jersey's Laird & Co.,[1] a producer of applejack. It must be noted, however, that the "Apple Jack" that Laird & Company produces today is an apple brandy, produced by distillation by evaporation, not by freezing. Known as "Jersey Lightning", applejack's long history in New Jersey includes once being used as currency to pay road construction crews during the colonial period.

Around 1760, George Washington discovered this unique beverage, asked for and received the Laird family recipe and soon introduced Applejack to the Virginia Colony.[2]

Applejack may also refer to a cocktail made with apple liqueur and Jack Daniel's whiskey

Ray S

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes great lookin crop I am reading to eat some apples! In any form!

PL great lookin bumper crop for you this year! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
mental granny said:
Wes great lookin crop I am reading to eat some apples! In any form!

PL great lookin bumper crop for you this year! :icon_sunny:

Granny, are you "reading" apples? :icon_scratch: Please let me know what you learned from them. PBK may even have a Pop Quiz for ya!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am never ready for a quiz of any kind ! I just had a 6 yr old crawling into my lap while I was typing soooooo I just hitwhat ever key! Wish I could read apples ! But yours are the only ones I've seen that look good! None in the stores here! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread