Just Passin Through,... Not protesting gas prices

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Just Passin' Through,... Not protesting gas prices

Saw this guy on the news the night before. He was taking a 65 mile trip from Beverly, Ohio to Grantsville, WV and was flagged down by staff at a nursing home for an impromptu visit for the folks there. When I saw the story, I thought it would be cool if he passed by the farm while I was there, then I thought no, he'll go straight out the main highway.

So I hear the clippity-clop of hooves and see a flash of white from wagon cover and I ran for the camera. We talked for a bit and discovered one of the mules had a bleeding hoof, neither mule was wearing shoes. ::) I directed him to a good place to reach the creek and a field to stay the night.

Attachments

• MVC-597F.JPG
    MVC-597F.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 235
  • MVC-599F.JPG
    MVC-599F.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 231
  • MVC-602F.JPG
    MVC-602F.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 229
  • MVC-603F.JPG
    MVC-603F.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 227
  • MVC-604F.JPG
    MVC-604F.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 227

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Just Passin' Through,... Not protesting gas prices

You are so lucky you had time to reach your camera and had good batteries I never do I miss alot of great chances because of it! Keep gettin these great shots!

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Re: Just Passin' Through,... Not protesting gas prices

mg- See the apple tree in the last shot? That's where the deer are getting their apples.

MF- I looked for the story, but I think it was supposed to be three days. Probably ended up being 3 1/2 with the overnight stay.

bbq- Thanks, I was so busy interviewing him I forgot a head-on shot of the mules, was worried about spooking them at first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread