Time to make the poppers

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I harvested a bunch of the jalapenos from our garden. We figure about 350 peppers, give or take. Still have a bunch left on the bushes and some new plants coming on in about a month. Some we left whole and just hollowed them out and the rest we halved and filled with various cheeses and bacon bits. (home-fried bacon bits, not the store-bought) Dipped them in milk and flour, let dry for 15 minutes or so, dip in milk again and then a mix of bread crumbs and corn meal. Allow to dry again and repeat the milk and corn meal and bread crumb coating. Letting them dry a little between coatings helps assure a nice even coating on the peppers. You can use a deep frier or just some hot oil in the frying pan and gently turn them until golden brown. Not too hot because you want the pepper to cook also, not just the coating. Great with beer! Wear gloves when hollowing out the peppers. You may even want to wear some glasses as the juice will squirt out at times. We remove all of the seeds and most of the ribs in the peppers as that is the "HOT" part of the pepper. Leaving a little rib still gives you some kick if you want. You can leave some seeds if you want them really hot.

Attachments

• popper1.jpg
    popper1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 257
  • popper2.jpg
    popper2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 258
  • popper3.jpg
    popper3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 260
  • popper4.jpg
    popper4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 242

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Yum! I'll start with a dozen and two beers, please.

Don't ever get one of those seeds stuck in the back of your throat. a-a-ack :o :blob8:

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Great, an hour before lunch and I just read this post. That looks delicious, thanks for the recipe.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks PB they look delicious, and its 4 hrs til supper! I can almost smell them fryin espically in that last shot YUM!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Excavator said:
Yum! I'll start with a dozen and two beers, please.

Don't ever get one of those seeds stuck in the back of your throat. a-a-ack :o :blob8:

my sister sneezed and got a pepper seed stuck in her sinuses.......on her wedding night no less! rofl

Okay...just had to share that after seeing his remark about the seed stuck....they look FABULOUS!! I want some!!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
packerbacker said:
Great with beer!

What isn't great with beer :occasion14:

They look great, my co-worker is bringing me a mess and I am gonna try out your recipe. She is also bringing me some habanero peppers...MMMM, home made chili paste for the winter but you almost need an asbestos suit to prepare them lol. Another safety tip for you guys planning on working with raw peppers...wash your hands BEFORE going to the bathroom...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread