Blue Heron..

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Another day, another lakeā€¦Todays treat was a Blue Heronā€¦Iā€™ve seen a lot..but never had the opportunity to get any picturesā€¦This one, while maybe a little annoyed by my stalking, never seemed to be threatened by meā€¦then again,why should it?ā€¦theyā€™re huge!ā€¦When I would get too close for comfort, heā€™d take off and fly clear across the the lakeā€¦.giving him had plenty of time to hunt and eat, waiting for me to catch up.... ;D

Pics of the lake, my prey :wink: ā€¦and the last one..an example of the many I don't post.... that couldā€™ve , shouldā€™ve, wouldā€™ve been a nice shotā€¦but I blew it :tard: ā€¦Hope you enjoy the rest of ā€˜emā€¦

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 214
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 216
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 208
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 208
  • bh1.jpg
    bh1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 208
  • bh2.jpg
    bh2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 205
  • bh3.jpg
    bh3.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 203
  • bh4.jpg
    bh4.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 212
  • bh5.jpg
    bh5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 207
  • bh6.jpg
    bh6.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 205
  • bh7.jpg
    bh7.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 212
  • bhng.jpg
    bhng.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 210

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots! Where are you located? Six blocks from my home is a place that about 10 Blue Haron live and I never got a pic!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful spot you were at and I know how spooky Blue Herons can be, so good job on the photos. I had one come to my pond each Spring and it would do its best to wipe out the Pickeral and frogs, well, he did not show up this year, kind of missed the big fella...

Don

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Thanks for the comments...

MF...I'm beginning to understand the this...I'm use to having turtles pose for me... :D

Jim...I'm in Connecticut....I'm lucky enough to live in an area with a lot of state forest areas and very few people that bother exploring it...

Don...I'm still surprised he let me get as close as I did....Must have been a real treat to have one as a regular visitor...'course I'm sure the fish and frogs might think differently...

CD...Was thinking the same thing...Definitely one of the prettiest place around here I've visited...

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Great shots!

My first experience with a Blue Heron... I was walking in a field at dusk and I heard a whoosh sound. I whipped around in time to see the Heron two feet over my head. Never saw one before, thought it was a Pterodactyl coming to take me away for dinner.

Without the right camera, it's hard to catch them on takeoff. Here's a link to the one I snapped last year.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,135356.0/topicseen.html

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Somehow missed your post Excavator....Nice pics...LOL on the Pterodactyl story...I'm sure I would have had the same reaction..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread