38.5 KB · Views: 239

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that is George, he likes the flowers, says nice yummy bugs are attracted to them and he does not mind a bit helping you maintain their beauty.

Nice pics Kim,, guess it is time for me to post some again of my seeded flower bed, lots of pretty ones there, but darn if I know what most of them are called. ???

Don

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Beautiful pics sis! So glad you are out enjoying the weather even though I miss ya! lol You have a great time and enjoy that pool while you can....it has been anywhere from 30-38 degrees here at night lately! aaargh I think we are skipping fall again this year!! Thanks for sharing your flowers with us!!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
George? I like it! :D George didn't mind posing a bit. I guess he is thankful for bring fed all those yummy bugs. Can't wait to see your flowerr beds Don, maybe we can help identify them for you.

Donna take a break girl, stop and smell those roses. When is slow down time for you?

Sis, Getting into the 50's at night now, but supposed to be a beautiful week! :icon_sunny: Won't be long now before the pool is shut down :'( and the frost bites the flowers. Hopefully a few more weeks?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Make sure and enjoy every second of it that you can!! I am praying for a few more weeks for sure!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Beautiful pics !! The morning glories grow wild here > farmers hate them :wink: But I see these colors every morning when I leave the farm for work > treasures of nature >> Love the toad !!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sis, I'm all over it! As long as the sun shines and the temps stay above brrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Donna, We know all about taking it as it comes, now don't we? :wink: But take a break or two, you deserrve it!

Oh Wes! ::) Now if you have never caught and held a toad, you ought to try a slimey old bull frog! ;D The bigger the better! :D

Now CD how the heck do you grow them wild? :icon_scratch: I have to plant them every year. Once in a blue moon I get a stray that comes back on it's own but..........What's the secret? :wink: Climate I'm guessing?

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Country Girl,

Nice pics of the flowers they sure are pretty. Ours aren't doing to well even with watering them. No rain for about three weeks now in our part of Michigan, although it was forcasted it went around us. The temp has been in the mid
to upper 80's and nights down mid 50's and 60's.
When that little guy in your hand gets done eating the bugs for dinner, wonder what he has for desert?

Ray karenray08

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Sis, I'm all over it! As long as the sun shines and the temps stay above brrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Donna, We know all about taking it as it comes, now don't we? :wink: But take a break or two, you deserrve it!

Oh Wes! ::) Now if you have never caught and held a toad, you ought to try a slimey old bull frog! ;D The bigger the better! :D

Now CD how the heck do you grow them wild? :icon_scratch: I have to plant them every year. Once in a blue moon I get a stray that comes back on it's own but..........What's the secret? :wink: Climate I'm guessing?

CG They grow wild like crazy here !! All colors to ! I think they just reseed themselves . They wrap around corn stalks, cotton stalks, tobacco and work like a choking vine. So the farmers spray to kill them and other weeds. Yep they call them weeds around the farm !!! Funny story > my friend from Chicago came down to visit and was admiring my garden. She suggested that I plant some morning glories :) The farmers fell to the ground laughing !!!! I then took her over the farms to see them > growing on ditchbanks > up light poles and on the edge of the fields. She was amazed and then could not believe I had not turned the seeds in for profit ::) :wink:

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. Nice toad.

Here is a little known fact. The bellies of toads have unique patterns. Each one is different, just like we have different fingerprints.

TimC

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
CarolinaDigs said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

CG They grow wild like crazy here !! All colors to ! I think they just reseed themselves . They wrap around corn stalks, cotton stalks, tobacco and work like a choking vine. So the farmers spray to kill them and other weeds. Yep they call them weeds around the farm !!! Funny story > my friend from Chicago came down to visit and was admiring my garden. She suggested that I plant some morning glories :) The farmers fell to the ground laughing !!!! I then took her over the farms to see them > growing on ditchbanks > up light poles and on the edge of the fields. She was amazed and then could not believe I had not turned the seeds in for profit ::) :wink:

Well CD she has a good point, I buy about 20 packages of morning glory and moon flower seeds every year. I wonder if I planted your southern seeds if they would come back every year? It sure must be pretty to see them growing wild all over the place. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Ray, we are now getting the effects of Hanna and are expecting 2-4" of much needed rain. Well I guess all at once will have to do. The morning glories will probably climb another foot after this soaking. :wink:

Tim, now you have me wishing I'd gotten a belly shot! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions