A Hard, Long Day just for this?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great wes and it IS worth it! In the last few weeks we have put away some pear butter (pears my son and I picked at a ranch near Sacramento), peach jam (peaches from our own tree) and some fig jam (Figs we picked in an abandoned fig orchard on a ranch we hunt on) and canned tomatoes from the garden. Also froze some peaches, tomatoes, corn and zuchinni from the garden. Also have a bunch of acorn squash put away. Sure beats that store-bought stuff huh?

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
mental granny said:
Wes, Gnewt is right dont eat it I will sacrifice myself and I am sure there are some others here that will do the same - we will eat it for you so .... waste not want not! ;D

Granny....No need to sacrifice yourself...I made it; I'll eat it! ::)

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
packerbacker said:
Looks great wes and it IS worth it! In the last few weeks we have put away some pear butter (pears my son and I picked at a ranch near Sacramento), peach jam (peaches from our own tree) and some fig jam (Figs we picked in an abandoned fig orchard on a ranch we hunt on) and canned tomatoes from the garden. Also froze some peaches, tomatoes, corn and zuchinni from the garden. Also have a bunch of acorn squash put away. Sure beats that store-bought stuff huh?

Packer:

I do believe we can all come to your house during the winter and survive on everything you've put up!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably could wes. Got 4 calves that are about half-grown now and 16 chickens that just started laying. Will soon be getting over a dozen a day. If they don't lay, they become finger-lickin'-good. ;D Never tried peach butter. The pear butter we put in the crockpot overnight, then put it on the stove to thicken it up more. Then a canning bath. Guess peach butter would be about the same. Do you add anything?

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
packerbacker said:
probably could wes. Got 4 calves that are about half-grown now and 16 chickens that just started laying. Will soon be getting over a dozen a day. If they don't lay, they become finger-lickin'-good. ;D Never tried peach butter. The pear butter we put in the crockpot overnight, then put it on the stove to thicken it up more. Then a canning bath. Guess peach butter would be about the same. Do you add anything?

Just sugar....but in my case, Splenda.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
crazyjarhead said:
The fruits of the labor ;D Like to taste some of that :tongue3:

Jathead...wish I could share it with whoever wants it but the jars are all spoken for and no more peaches on the tree >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread