It was a photogenic type of day

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the flower pics and the caterpillars, I also earlier in the day was greeted by the usual Turkey's feeding, but this time they had competition (besides the Squirrels and Morning Doves). But these gals seemed to all get along just fine, feeding within a few feet of each other and not chasing either away. NOTE: The Turkey's spend half their time chasing the Squirrels and Morning Doves away from THEIR food...... :)

Don

Attachments

• deerturkey1.jpg
    deerturkey1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 317
  • deerturkey2.jpg
    deerturkey2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 299
  • deerturkey3.jpg
    deerturkey3.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 307
  • deerturkey4.jpg
    deerturkey4.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 306
  • deerturkey5.jpg
    deerturkey5.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Fawn.jpg
    Fawn.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 296

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
OOOOOO, two great food sources..... Venison and the other white meat.Yummmmmm!..NGE

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Missed this somehow when you posted it Don. Those are some really great pics of the deer and turkey together. Er....you aren't baiting the yard just to get photo opportunities, are ya? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wesfrye53 said:
Missed this somehow when you posted it Don. Those are some really great pics of the deer and turkey together. Er....you aren't baiting the yard just to get photo opportunities, are ya? :icon_scratch:

Yes and no on the baiting, I have been maintaining my bird feeders all summer and other than that, no, not baiting. The deer have been here for ages, wiping out the flowers and veggies each year and a few weeks ago the Doe and Fawn were feeding about every other day on the wild mushrooms growing on my side property. The Turkeys are eating the bird seed, but also the fruit/seeds from the Bradford Pear tree and Dogwood trees. Believe it or not, they are not touching the acorns on the ground! ;)

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread