Fishing

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Actually,this is how I got started with a metal detector. Fishing is my chosen religion, and in getting to some of my spots over the years, I noticed old foundations, or other suspiciousy stuff. So,out of a sense of natural curiosity,I started thinking about investigating. This led to my purchase of a bounty hunter at gander mtn,which,in turn led to the discovery of an 1840 half-dime(45 minutes into the woods, first time out.Something to be said for beginners luck!!! ;D),I'm trying to get a good pic for the "best-finds"thread. Anyway.....I still fish as much as possible,and it will always remain one of my passions.

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
not really, there's no fish on earth worth losing a toe to frostbite

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That's pretty cool Gold fish. Interesting how we all came to MDing in our own ways. I do pretty much love fishing as well. Especially Catfishing or Carp for the fight. Going to be tough next year if I find a fishing partner, that is between MDing and fishing. I went back to my fishing spots and MDed a great many of them. As I suspected loads of trash hits, sinkers...etc .. LoL you get the point.

Postalrevnant

T

TreasureTales

Fishing, metal detecting, hunting, bottle digging, antiquing, yard saling, it's all the same really...IT'S THE HUNT FOR THAT ELUSIVE "BIG 'UN"
It's all good.

T

treasurejack

Even today I still combine my fly fishing interest with my metal detecting interest. I just love water and the outdoors, take my metal detector with me wherever I go.

H

HillbillyTH

;D I enjoy Fly Fishing in East/Central Kentucky. While I am wading
creeks, I keep a lookout for interesting rocks.
Danny

T

treasurejack

HillbillyTH said:
;D I enjoy Fly Fishing in East/Central Kentucky. While I am wading
creeks, I keep a lookout for interesting rocks.
Danny

Little creeks and streams......"one of my personal favorites too!" A 6 1/2 or 7 foot 4 weight rod,........(Even built a super light action spinning rod out of the end of a 4 weight, slow action, fly rod for just these little creeks & streams.)

T

TreasureTales

Flyfishing is one of my greatest joys. I've caught small trout on flies in a few No. Califonia streams and enjoyed every minute of it. It's truly an art when casting is done by an experienced angler. I look more like Queen Elizabeth with a lasso, but it's sure fun.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
God does not count the fishing time you spend on earth.

Metal detect and recover lost things and you can fish more!

R M P T R

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
catching big catfish is one of my main hobbies , along with deer , turkey and hog hunting and metal detecting --- Ivan

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Amen to that, brother ...... it IS ...... a RELIGION .......

"Fish HARD, DIE free"

hip ~

~~~~~~~ <"))))))))){ ~~~~~~~~~ <")))))))){ ~~~~~~~~~ <")))))))){ ~~~~~~~

Attachments

• Nina PT.jpg
    Nina PT.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 624
  • Nina PT.jpg
    Nina PT.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 621

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
made my hubby take me salmon fishin for our honeymoon. he caught a 35 lb. king. 2 wks in a primitive, incredibly beautiful fishin camp. waking up before dawn every morn, walkin thru the mud to get to our dingy, camp fires, fresh salmon on the barbq fresh dungeness crab, now THAT was a honeymoon!!!

Paka

Greenie
Jul 21, 2008
DeLand, FL
Another fishing nut checking in. :wink: Up north, go for northerns, bass, trout, walleye, and perch; down here in FL, mostly for bass though I get a little saltwater fishing in as well.

BlueDuck

Jun 26, 2009
Hayden, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Bounty Hunter
2008 ...... Hard to believe there are not more fishermen (people) that that. Fishing is one of the better things in live.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: Flyfishing? Never did understand why anyone would fish for flies. I guess time's fun when you're having' flies. Actually, any kind of fishing' is fun. I prefere big fish. I have fished for everything imaginable and have caught fish from a few ounces to over 1,000 pounds. It's all good. Try jumping in the water with a knife after a shark. I did it once near Cape Charles, Virginia, back in the 70's. That was just before Jaws came out. :laughing9:

Now days it is river fishing and some offshore fishing and spearfishing in the south. Diving and snorkeling means you get into underwater detecting if detecting didn't already get you into fishing. :tongue3:

Attachments

• Fillet and release.jpg
    Fillet and release.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Blue Crab Special.jpg
    Blue Crab Special.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 325
  • Fillet and Release.jpg
    Fillet and Release.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 304
  • Fillet and release.jpg
    Fillet and release.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Blue Crab Special.jpg
    Blue Crab Special.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Fillet and Release.jpg
    Fillet and Release.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 300

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to fish. But I lost my fishing partner a few years ago. So about all I do is fish from shore. I catch a lot of bluegills and crappies. Maybe one day I can get back out and do some salmon fishing and I would really love to do is some deep sea fishing.....Matt

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White Feather said:
:tongue3: Flyfishing? Never did understand why anyone would fish for flies. I guess time's fun when you're having' flies. Actually, any kind of fishing' is fun. I prefere big fish. I have fished for everything imaginable and have caught fish from a few ounces to over 1,000 pounds. It's all good. Try jumping in the water with a knife after a shark. I did it once near Cape Charles, Virginia, back in the 70's. That was just before Jaws came out. :laughing9:

Now days it is river fishing and some offshore fishing and spearfishing in the south. Diving and snorkeling means you get into underwater detecting if detecting didn't already get you into fishing. :tongue3:
I have a cousin that lives in Cape Charles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread