Your Dream Vehicle.

P

pokerbear

A 1961 Chevy C-10, Apache, shortbed, stepside p/u.
I'm a pickup kinda guy ;)

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello Everyone,

Brand new to this hobby and to this board but I'm slowly learning. I started on my machine about 15 years ago and have driven it for the last ten years. For about three years i couldn't get my truck in the garage because of the mess. Its a 1953 Chevy Belair two door hardtop. My wife and I have driven it to a lot of shows including The James Dean Festival in Fairmont In. and the Lead Sled Nationals in Gatlinburg.

It is painted blue and white with blue and white rolled and pleated interior. The engine began life in a 72 Z28 as a 350. We bored it a little added a nice cam and 400 heads. Put a 350 turbo behind that and a 74 Nova rearend. Has Power steering, brakes, tilt and air condition. Been C'eed and sub-ed and rides as nice as my Impala. Being put away for the winter planing to add power windows before summer. Will try to add a link to my FTP space.

Http://members.aol.com:/gemcity53/mybelair

Jimmy T Louisville, KY

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Trying to see if I can load a picture of my toy.

Jimmy T

Attachments

• my belair.jpg
    my belair.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,243
S

stefen

That chev looks like what we had in the late 50's early 60's.

Drag pipes...flippers...white sidewalls...tuck & roll...and dual spots.

Nice.

Sold my 47 MGTC a while back...fun ride if you like skateboards.

Might get 60 mph going downhill, out of gear, with a tailwind.

Attachments

• 47 mgtc.jpg
    47 mgtc.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 47 mgtc.jpg
    47 mgtc.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,155

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Back To the Future Car...Just time it to what era I want to hunt ...and TaDa!
I would be getting those large cents as soon as they hit the ground....oh yeah baby ....Hahaha ....I would be sitting and waiting for when Jessie James came out of the Bank...Thank you sir...hahahah....Sitting on the other end of the scale when they weighed those Pine tree shillings....

Attachments

• delorean.jpg
    delorean.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,215

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine dream car is either my old 57 T-Bird or a Smart for two.

Attachments

• Smart For Two Car.jpg
    Smart For Two Car.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,135

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my youth i had many 65 GTO, 66 chevy II SS(all factory SS model), 70 Datsun 240z. But as a youth u never look to the future and u mod change and customize basically ruining the orginal value of them.

The 66 deuce SS last one i saw in all orginial condition as mine was, went over the auction block out west for a kool 6 fiquire purchase price.

The 65 Goat haven`t followed them but know it would have brought a pretty penny also, along with the z, OHHH if only i had thought... :)

Now my future Dream Veh will be a 30`ish motor home to travel the country metal detecting in.

G

garbage digger

I have many more than one dream vehicle. My addiction for classic Chevrolet muscle cars/trucks and 20's-30's hot rods is over whelming. However my current sweet heart is a 1978 El Camino with a new built 400 Crate motor and all the choice performance parts backed up with a TH350 3:73 gears and dual 40 series flow masters.
Picture003.jpg

B

BIG61AL

57 Chevy nomad totally customised with tri colors [red white and blue] ahhhhhh
Just gotta pick the right powerball numbers!

Junkophile

Apr 1, 2007
Deep South Texas
I've have a soft spot in my heart for the old style Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruisers. Something about that thing says Adventure. Old 88 series Land Rovers ain't bad either.

S

Smee

mark v said:
'68-'69 road runner, GTX, superbee, or R/T.

I owned a '69 Roadrunner. (Scarry fast for an 18 year old --- and 10 mpg highway) as well as the '69 GTX (not so scarry --- better mileage).

Crazy the things we give up! Goodness I miss my '74 Suzuki T500!

My dream car? Ferrari F50.

Attachments

• f50_01.jpg
    f50_01.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,085

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread