I like where I live now

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am in my favorite place in rural Mexico. To summarize it, I would call it a horrid, Third World village. You would not like it for more than three minutes. The water will kill you. There are scorpions to sting you. Neighbors live in houses made of sticks and palm leaves. We drive 3 hour round trip when we want more than basic foods.

It isn't like that incredibly beautiful view of the property near the Hague on the thread below, that is lovely indeed.

However, I like where I am. Living here has been like the fountain of youth. I lost weight, became strong, and have friends across the social spectrum. There are babies to kiss, which is important for old grandpas. We are the Joneses, so no competition. Life is good here.

I am at that age where travel no longer interests me. I drove over 250,000 miles since retirement, and have not much interest in more travel, except that mandated by family issues. Seeing that video on the thread below enchants me, but I have no desire to travel there and see it in person.

I like to see the mountains or hills as you prefer here, in the moonlight. I want to live here until I die, than my bones to rest with the bones of my wife's ancestors. Life is good.

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great....I hope you're still enjoying life.....primo

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread